MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt

jrinkenb

      25th Apr 2009
Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or corrupt".
I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
help?

Dustin Harper

      25th Apr 2009
It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
that you can run directly.

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"jrinkenb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
> corrupt".
> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
> help?

jrinkenb

      26th Apr 2009
Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
every time. It's very odd.

- Jon

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
> that you can run directly.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> http://www.mstechpages.com
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "jrinkenb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
> > install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
> > corrupt".
> > I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
> > help?

Microsoft

      26th Apr 2009
jrinkenb wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
> result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
> expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
> every time. It's very odd.
>
> - Jon
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
>> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
>> that you can run directly.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> http://www.mstechpages.com
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

>> "jrinkenb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
>>> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
>>> corrupt".
>>> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
>>> help?

I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.

jrinkenb

      26th Apr 2009
Thanks very much! I will notify MS Money webmaster and see what happens.

- Jon

"Microsoft" wrote:

> jrinkenb wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
> > result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
> > expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
> > every time. It's very odd.
> >
> > - Jon
> >

> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
> >> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
> >> that you can run directly.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> http://www.mstechpages.com
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >>

> >> "jrinkenb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>

> I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
> rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
> than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
> impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.

New Member

      25th Jul 2011
actual fix is posted on Microsoft website, Autorun has been disabled for security purposes usually during a system update, to enable the autorun temporarily do the following fix. It requires a Registry edit, so before making the alterations backup the specific key by exporting to a "reg" file in a directory easy to find.

I don't know if you've solved your problem, but I recently had this problem as well... I searched the internet like crazy, and when I came up with no results, I decided to search through the registry.
I found a registry entry that was causing the problem:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]
With a value of:
@="@SYSoesNotExist"

You can double click on the backed up "blank_.reg" file as soon as you finish the install to restore the security settings.

New Member

      25th Jul 2011
You can replace the existing default value at this registry value with anything xxx or 000 and Autorun will work, afterwords replace with the old original value. It's easy if you backed up the registry value as mentioned.