MS Access 2007 - Use Control Wizard

JohnG

      4th May 2009
In the past versions of MS Access, when creating a button on a form, with the
Use Control Wizard button enabled, VBA code was written. Apparently, Access
2007 automatically creates macros instead. Is there a way to revert back to
creating VBA code when creating a button with the Control Wizards enabled? I
have checked the Access Options, and maybe I missed it, but I did not find
any reference to this feature.
--
JohnG

Jeanette Cunningham

      4th May 2009
Hi JohnG,
the short answer is no.
There is a way to convert macros to code - you may be able to do that.
On the nav pane, choose a macro.
On the ribbon choose database options, then choose macro, convert macro to
code.
I haven't tried this, so I can't say what the code looks like after
converting.

"JohnG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the past versions of MS Access, when creating a button on a form, with
> the
> Use Control Wizard button enabled, VBA code was written. Apparently,
> Access
> 2007 automatically creates macros instead. Is there a way to revert back
> creating VBA code when creating a button with the Control Wizards enabled?
> have checked the Access Options, and maybe I missed it, but I did not find
> any reference to this feature.
> --
> JohnG

Steve Schapel

      4th May 2009
John,

The control wizards create Embedded Macros, which are new to Access 2007.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

"JohnG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the past versions of MS Access, when creating a button on a form, with
> the
> Use Control Wizard button enabled, VBA code was written. Apparently,
> Access
> 2007 automatically creates macros instead. Is there a way to revert back
> creating VBA code when creating a button with the Control Wizards enabled?
> have checked the Access Options, and maybe I missed it, but I did not find
> any reference to this feature.
> --
> JohnG

Steve Schapel

      4th May 2009
Jeanette,

You can use the facility you mentioned to "convert" all a form's macros in
one hit. So that has some appeal.

But the code does not come out as you or I would write the code. It is
often clumsy and ugly. And in the case of complex macros, the converter
sometimes just can't cope.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

"Jeanette Cunningham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi JohnG,
> the short answer is no.
> There is a way to convert macros to code - you may be able to do that.
> On the nav pane, choose a macro.
> On the ribbon choose database options, then choose macro, convert macro to
> code.
> I haven't tried this, so I can't say what the code looks like after
> converting.

Jeanette Cunningham

      4th May 2009
Thanks Steve for that info.