"MpTelemetry"

=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaG5vdA==?=

      12th Oct 2007
MpTelemetry is identified by defender as a problem on my vista ultimate. how
do i fix this?
i appreciate, in advance any help anyone can offer me in the resolution of
this problem.
thanks, technot
--
"the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking."
-albert einstein

Dave M

      13th Oct 2007
See if this post helps to resolve the issue. You could post your event log
here in the forum.
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e-5d7bffbd43b4

--

Regards, Dave

technot wrote:
> MpTelemetry is identified by defender as a problem on my vista ultimate.
> how
> do i fix this?
> i appreciate, in advance any help anyone can offer me in the resolution
> of
> this problem.
> thanks, technot

Alan D

      13th Oct 2007

"Dave M" wrote:
> You could post your event log here in the forum.

Curiously enough, I encountered one of these things for the first time just
after Defender upgraded to the latest engine version (5th October). My
firewall alerted me to the mp telemetry sample submission just before
Defender began its daily scheduled scan, the day after the engine update.
There's been no recurrence since, however.

Not sure if my event log entry is of any use to anyone, but here it is just
in case:

EventType mptelemetry, P1 80072ee2, P2 endsearch, P3 search, P4 1.1.1593.0,
P5 mpsigdwn.dll, P6 1.1.1593.0, P7 windows defender, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10
NIL.

0000: 6d 00 70 00 74 00 65 00 m.p.t.e.

0008: 6c 00 65 00 6d 00 65 00 l.e.m.e.

0010: 74 00 72 00 79 00 2c 00 t.r.y.,.

0018: 20 00 38 00 30 00 30 00 .8.0.0.

0020: 37 00 32 00 65 00 65 00 7.2.e.e.

0028: 32 00 2c 00 20 00 65 00 2.,. .e.

0030: 6e 00 64 00 73 00 65 00 n.d.s.e.

0038: 61 00 72 00 63 00 68 00 a.r.c.h.

0040: 2c 00 20 00 73 00 65 00 ,. .s.e.

0048: 61 00 72 00 63 00 68 00 a.r.c.h.

0050: 2c 00 20 00 31 00 2e 00 ,. .1...

0058: 31 00 2e 00 31 00 35 00 1...1.5.

0060: 39 00 33 00 2e 00 30 00 9.3...0.

0068: 2c 00 20 00 6d 00 70 00 ,. .m.p.

0070: 73 00 69 00 67 00 64 00 s.i.g.d.

0078: 77 00 6e 00 2e 00 64 00 w.n...d.

0080: 6c 00 6c 00 2c 00 20 00 l.l.,. .

0088: 31 00 2e 00 31 00 2e 00 1...1...

0090: 31 00 35 00 39 00 33 00 1.5.9.3.

0098: 2e 00 30 00 2c 00 20 00 ..0.,. .

00a0: 77 00 69 00 6e 00 64 00 w.i.n.d.

00a8: 6f 00 77 00 73 00 20 00 o.w.s. .

00b0: 64 00 65 00 66 00 65 00 d.e.f.e.

00b8: 6e 00 64 00 65 00 72 00 n.d.e.r.

00c0: 2c 00 20 00 4e 00 49 00 ,. .N.I.

00c8: 4c 00 2c 00 20 00 4e 00 L.,. .N.

00d0: 49 00 4c 00 20 00 4e 00 I.L. .N.

00d8: 49 00 4c 00 0d 00 0a 00 I.L.....

Alan D

      13th Oct 2007

"Alan D" wrote:
> Not sure if my event log entry is of any use to anyone, but here it is
> just in case:
>
> EventType mptelemetry, P1 80072ee2 .... etc

I should have added that the 80072ee2 error seems to indicate a Windows
update problem, so I suppose it occurred when Defender tried to update just
before its scheduled scan.

Also I should have said this is with XP SP2.
Also I should have said Good Afternoon, all.

Joe Faulhaber[MSFT]

      25th Oct 2007
That's the "Internet timeout" error code. Probably means you couldn't talk
to WU properly for a bit.

Regards,
Joe

"Alan D" <noone @nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Alan D" wrote:
>> Not sure if my event log entry is of any use to anyone, but here it is
>> just in case:
>>
>> EventType mptelemetry, P1 80072ee2 .... etc

> I should have added that the 80072ee2 error seems to indicate a Windows
> update problem, so I suppose it occurred when Defender tried to update
> just before its scheduled scan.
>
> Also I should have said this is with XP SP2.
> Also I should have said Good Afternoon, all.

Alan D

      25th Oct 2007
Hi Joe, and thanks! I haven't had any recurrence since posting this, so it
was clearly just a temporary blip.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...