Moving project from VS2003 - VS2005 Crystal reports and setup project

Claire

      30th Aug 2007
Im transferring a visual studio 2003 project to Visual Studio 2005.
The solution includes a windows installation project.
With 2003 creating the setup got complicated with the crystal reports part
and I had to include several merge projects plus obtain a license key.
Is it the same with 2005? Im recreating the setup from the bottom. I dont
think I found any merge files in 2005 directories. Should I point setup at
the old ones?

thanks
Claire

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

      30th Aug 2007
Hi,

"Claire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Im transferring a visual studio 2003 project to Visual Studio 2005.
> The solution includes a windows installation project.
> With 2003 creating the setup got complicated with the crystal reports part
> and I had to include several merge projects plus obtain a license key.
> Is it the same with 2005? Im recreating the setup from the bottom. I dont
> think I found any merge files in 2005 directories. Should I point setup at
> the old ones?

Yes, it's the same thing.
You need to include the merge modules needed and IIRC register the
regwiz.msm

In the CR website there is a document of how to deploy a 2005 solution. it
shoudl be named something like CR_deployment 2005

Claire

      30th Aug 2007
Thanks Ignacio

Claire

      30th Aug 2007
I've just checked through, and it looks as if CR for 2005 doesnt require any
merge modules if Im understanding the following correctly. Im just making a
windows desktop application. I noticed there's a redistributable on my disk
drive for x64 systems while searching for files.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227349(VS.80).aspx
The article is confusing because it says take merge files out of the set up
project. So I dont need to add any ?

Claire

"Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <machin TA laceupsolutions.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> "Claire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Im transferring a visual studio 2003 project to Visual Studio 2005.
>> The solution includes a windows installation project.
>> With 2003 creating the setup got complicated with the crystal reports
>> part

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

      30th Aug 2007
Hi,

I still think you need some merge modules, take a look at
http://www.willydev.net/descargas/Wi...rystal2005.pdf

news:uCtA0$(E-Mail Removed)...