PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGxpbm5zYXR4?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Jul 2007
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
because my work environment is wireless.

I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Jul 2007
Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

> I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
> account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
> because my work environment is wireless.
>
> I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
> work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
> to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
> add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
> User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
> Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
> profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGxpbm5zYXR4?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Jul 2007
Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
this.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>
>
> "chillinnsatx" wrote:
>
> > I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
> > account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
> > because my work environment is wireless.
> >
> > I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
> > work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
> > to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
> > add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
> > User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
> > Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
> > profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Jul 2007
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...8-210d5e78cc24

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

> Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
> this.
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >
> >
> > "chillinnsatx" wrote:
> >
> > > I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
> > > account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
> > > because my work environment is wireless.
> > >
> > > I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
> > > work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
> > > to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
> > > add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
> > > User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
> > > Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
> > > profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Jul 2007
"chillinnsatx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
> this.
>


Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGxpbm5zYXR4?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Jul 2007
The reply did not help

"Gordon" wrote:

> "chillinnsatx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
> > this.
> >

>
> Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
F. H. Muffman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Jul 2007
"chillinnsatx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help
>> > on
>> > this.
>> >

>>
>> Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?

>
> The reply did not help


So reply to the reply, say how it failed to help you (in other words, what
didn't work with the reply) and seek more assistance in that thread, rather
then trying a new newsgroup where we could just end up giving you the exact
same advice since we haven't followed the original thread to see what you've
already been told to do.

--
f.h.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving Messages from old corrupt user account to new user account? Chdiamo Microsoft Outlook Installation 1 25th Aug 2009 07:16 PM
Apartment Moving, Office Moving, Commercial Moving, Moving Companiesin your area. linkswanted Microsoft C# .NET 0 6th Jan 2008 05:46 AM
Free Moving Estimate, Local Movers, Long Distance Moving, PackingSupplies, Storage Rental, Home Moving, Apartment Moving, Office Moving,Commercial Moving linkswanted Microsoft ASP .NET 0 6th Jan 2008 05:45 AM
Moving Outlook to another PC, and moving data files to another location /mel/ Microsoft Outlook 3 24th Jun 2006 03:39 PM
Copying user profile from one user account to another user account on the same conputer ---- 3 challenges , 2 of them solved bobdouble@hotmail.com Windows XP Setup 2 4th Mar 2006 09:24 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:19 PM.