Moving complete User Environment from Installation A.) to Installation B.)...

Kerem Gümrükcü

      6th Jul 2008
Hi,

i have a situation here, where i have to move a User Environment A.)
to a new PC. The User is named e.g. steven_baumann
and the best would be to completely move his entire account and all
his settings, applications (outlook express, office, etc), etc,...from
computer
one to computer two. is there any way to do this safe? Much better would
be if i just could move the entire Windows Environment on o the new
Hardware. Can i do this with any build in or free windows software or
another free windows software? I cant use any software i have to pay
money for, since i dont have any buddget anymore,...

The new is preinstalled a up2date Windows XP Pro, with only Admin Account.
Both Systems are XP Pro, SP3 up2date, but have different hardware
base, the old one has older and totally different hardware, than the
new one,...

TIA,...

Regards

Kerem

--
-----------------------
Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

marx404

      6th Jul 2008
You could look into the new HD manufacturer's web site and download their
free utilities. ex: Maxtor has a free HD (Maxblast) that you can use to
migrate data from one HD to another. If you are going to a different mobo or
different hardware, notch the HW profile and drivers will not work and will
need to be corrected.

--
marx404

_________________
"Kerem Gümrükcü" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> i have a situation here, where i have to move a User Environment A.)
> to a new PC. The User is named e.g. steven_baumann
> and the best would be to completely move his entire account and all
> his settings, applications (outlook express, office, etc), etc,...from
> computer
> one to computer two. is there any way to do this safe? Much better would
> be if i just could move the entire Windows Environment on o the new
> Hardware. Can i do this with any build in or free windows software or
> another free windows software? I cant use any software i have to pay
> money for, since i dont have any buddget anymore,...
>
> The new is preinstalled a up2date Windows XP Pro, with only Admin Account.
> Both Systems are XP Pro, SP3 up2date, but have different hardware
> base, the old one has older and totally different hardware, than the
> new one,...
>
> TIA,...
>
> Regards
>
> Kerem
>
> --
> -----------------------
> Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue
> Kerem Gümrükcü
> Latest Project: http://www.codeplex.com/restarts
> Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de
> -----------------------
> "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied."

Mark L. Ferguson

      6th Jul 2008
Save settings and data with the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FAST
wizard): Go To: http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm

"Kerem Gümrükcü" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> i have a situation here, where i have to move a User Environment A.)
> to a new PC. The User is named e.g. steven_baumann
> and the best would be to completely move his entire account and all
> his settings, applications (outlook express, office, etc), etc,...from
> computer
> one to computer two. is there any way to do this safe? Much better would
> be if i just could move the entire Windows Environment on o the new
> Hardware. Can i do this with any build in or free windows software or
> another free windows software? I cant use any software i have to pay
> money for, since i dont have any buddget anymore,...
>
> The new is preinstalled a up2date Windows XP Pro, with only Admin Account.
> Both Systems are XP Pro, SP3 up2date, but have different hardware
> base, the old one has older and totally different hardware, than the
> new one,...
>
> TIA,...
>
> Regards
>
> Kerem
>
> --
> -----------------------
> Beste Grüsse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue
> Kerem Gümrükcü
> Latest Project: http://www.codeplex.com/restarts
> Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de
> -----------------------
> "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied."

michael

      9th Jul 2008
Kerem Gümrükcü wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a situation here, where i have to move a User Environment A.)
> to a new PC. The User is named e.g. steven_baumann
> and the best would be to completely move his entire account and all
> his settings, applications (outlook express, office, etc), etc,...from
> computer
> one to computer two. is there any way to do this safe? Much better would
> be if i just could move the entire Windows Environment on o the new
> Hardware. Can i do this with any build in or free windows software or
> another free windows software? I cant use any software i have to pay
> money for, since i dont have any buddget anymore,...
>
> The new is preinstalled a up2date Windows XP Pro, with only Admin Account.
> Both Systems are XP Pro, SP3 up2date, but have different hardware
> base, the old one has older and totally different hardware, than the
> new one,...
>
> TIA,...
>
> Regards
>
> Kerem

r-click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> user profiles -> select
the one you want to copy -> enter the destination and type the a/c name
-> open lusrmgr.msc on the new one and set the remote profile path to
the destination.