Movie Maker titles/credits don't appear!

Manuel S.

      18th Aug 2007
Hi:
Several Months ago I don't use WMM, but it used to work properly. Now when I
try to add a title, it just does nothing - when I click to the ready link it
does nothing and when I click to the change animation link an empty list of
effects is displayed. You can see the screenshots at: http://geocities.
com/neutron3210/wmmerror.jpg
My system is win xp home, sp2
Any idea? (especially the empty list maybe a hint).- PD. I already tried
reinstalling WMM, the full sp2, and re-registering all wmm files, but didn't
work.

junjo

      20th Aug 2007
I seem to have a problem probably identical to your problem.

Is there a way around this?

I have visited the Microsoft pages about this issue in search of an
installer/fixer to no avail.

It is very strange that a thing like this was left to happen. I am
sure you are not the only one with this problem along with me. Someone
from Redmond must be monitoring these problems.

Defining the problem again:

1) Titles/Credits can not be created.
2) We have installed SP2 (a long time ago).
3) The language of my operating systema is Spanish (Latin America).
4) I have downloaded the multi-language packages but, again, nothing
good.

So, Redmond come up with a solution!

Thanks from us all having the same problem!

John Inzer

      20th Aug 2007
joemark wrote:
> Now I am disappointed. I was about to go through the whole trouble of
> repeating the SP2 install process, etc.
>
> Yes, just like that, the capacity to generate titles is GONE!
>
> In the animation page (for titles), it shows an empty list.
>
> I have to be using other packages in order to solve this problem. Is
> this the result of a tricky program? Do they know about this at
> Redmond?
>
> I intended to download the file, but at a site they want 99 cents for
> the download. They also offer the free download, but the link is
> broken.
>
> Why does Microsoft do this?

=======================================
Download what file? WinXP SP2?

Here's the info on downloading SP2:

Download Windows XP SP2
http://tinyurl.com/6ubys

Generally, users install from the net but this
site allows you to download the complete
file to your hard drive before installing.

It's good for a network administrator because
you can burn it on a CD and install it on as
many computers as you need to.

And it's good for a single machine because
if you ever need to install it again...you'll have
it available without waiting for a download.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=?Utf-8?B?anVub19mb3I=?=

      20th Aug 2007
"John Inzer" wrote:

> Download what file? WinXP SP2?
>
> Here's the info on downloading SP2:
>
> Download Windows XP SP2
> http://tinyurl.com/6ubys

OK. I am downloading this file now. However, as the other person (Manuel S.)
said, REINSTALLING sp2 DOES NOT SOLVE the problem.

For some reason, clicking on the "Titles/Credits" takes me to the regular
screen. I bought a computer for my daughter and it also has the Movie Maker,
but the behavior in that computer and in mine are totally different.

I already installed SP2 in all computers (XP home edition). They all have
the "Movie Maker". However, it is only in MINE where the titles don't work.
At least in this computer (HP/Compaq Presario 6000) it loads and I can edit
simple videos, no titles, transitions ok.

In another computer, HP Pavillion, that also came with Windows installed,
movie maker can not even be loaded. I mean, I can load it and then, just as
it starts showing all collections, it generates an error and I send the
problem to Microsoft.

I am afraid that installing 100% of the service pack 2 will return my
computer back to the point where a lot of updates will not be installed; that
is another 2-3 days downloading updates and finally, I will discover, like
Manuel S. said that even reinstalling the SP2 again did NOT DO the trick.

This is becoming a nightmarish problem. I am already trying other movie
editing packages, but they all generate errors, take forever to load, forever
to edit, suddenly crash. Lots of rubbish out there.

=?Utf-8?B?anVub19mb3I=?=

      20th Aug 2007
OK, just like Manuel S. said, and he very clearly indicated in the pictures...

The giant file was downloaded. The reinstallation of SP2 proceeded.

After it was over, EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

Simply THE TITLES won't work!

Microsoft wants 99 dollars to hear this ("Place your own question"). I don't
think that is ethical. They should already know the answer to this problem by
now.

I have all the DLL's that should be there (info that I got from another
site) where they also suggest you go back and reinstall SP2.

But it didn't work!

John Inzer

      20th Aug 2007
juno_for wrote:
> OK, just like Manuel S. said, and he very clearly indicated in the
> pictures...
>
> The giant file was downloaded. The reinstallation of SP2 proceeded.
>
> After it was over, EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!
>
> Simply THE TITLES won't work!
>
> Microsoft wants 99 dollars to hear this ("Place your own question").
> I don't think that is ethical. They should already know the answer to
> this problem by now.
>
> I have all the DLL's that should be there (info that I got from
> another
> site) where they also suggest you go back and reinstall SP2.
>
> But it didn't work!

===================================
Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
as per the instructions in the following article.

(272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
Graphics Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193

If it improves the issue, you need to search the
support website of your Video adapter's mfg. for
an updated video driver.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=?Utf-8?B?anVub19mb3I=?=

      20th Aug 2007

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
> as per the instructions in the following article.
>
> (272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
> Graphics Issues
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
>
> If it improves the issue, you need to search the
> support website of your Video adapter's mfg. for
> an updated video driver.

OK. I did that already. All way to the left (I suppose, no acceleration at
all). Result: NOTHING! WMM2.1 is NOT inserting titles anywhere and is not
showing the page of the Title animations.

We have done EVERY SINGLE thing you have suggested, without any success so
far. A lot of our time has been practically "taken" from us. Where do we go
from here?

This is a complicated world, full of unexpected events, incidents,
imperfections. I had been seeing the imperfection but I was really SCARED to
try and find a solution. And what I feared has simply turned out to be true!

Please, Redmondians, try to find a solution to this problem!

John Inzer

      20th Aug 2007
juno_for wrote:
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
>> as per the instructions in the following article.
>>
>> (272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
>> Graphics Issues
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
>>
>> If it improves the issue, you need to search the
>> support website of your Video adapter's mfg. for
>> an updated video driver.

> OK. I did that already. All way to the left (I suppose, no
> acceleration at all). Result: NOTHING! WMM2.1 is NOT inserting titles
> anywhere and is not showing the page of the Title animations.
>
> We have done EVERY SINGLE thing you have suggested, without any
> success so far. A lot of our time has been practically "taken" from
> us. Where do we go from here?
>
> This is a complicated world, full of unexpected events, incidents,
> imperfections. I had been seeing the imperfection but I was really
> SCARED to try and find a solution. And what I feared has simply
> turned out to be true!
>
> Please, Redmondians, try to find a solution to this problem!

====================================
Redmondians?? As my signature
clearly states...I am a volunteer. Feel
free to look for a solution elsewhere.

If you wish to continue...try these links:

Movie Maker 2 - Lost Effects
and Transitions Discussion
http://tinyurl.com/y2wsds

Bad Installation Of Movie Maker 2.1
http://tinyurl.com/haq54

What can I do if I upgrade to Windows
XP SP2 and Windows Movie Maker 2.1
is not installed successfully?
http://tinyurl.com/65pfo

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=?Utf-8?B?anVub19mb3I=?=

      20th Aug 2007
Sorry. I thought you were somehow related to the people in Redmond.

However, I have tried all 3 suggestions.

I even tried something more: I copied the registry from a machine where the
copy of MovieMaker DOES WORK and entered the Registry into the machine where
it didn't work.

And nothing: no titles. The list of "title effects" does not appear.

We are exactly where we started.

Thanks for your kindness. If the solution ever comes up, I will be more than
glad to hear about it.

FJF