Movie Maker Hangs

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgS2lyaw==?=

      3rd Nov 2005
I have a new system with 2gb of memory, Windows MCE 2005 with SP2. Also, what
I believe to be the latest version of MovieMaker.
My project consists of about 50 photos. Too many times when I try to drag
the timeline cursor, Movie Maker will just hang, typically with an East/West
cursor. My only recourse is to kill the task. I think it seems to happen
mostly if I try to drag the time-line too quickly, but I'm not sure.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a later version of Movie Maker?
My 'About' dialog says I have version 2.1.4026.0

Thanks
--
James Kirk

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

      3rd Nov 2005
You have the latest version James,

See the Problem Solving > Crashes and Hangs page of my site... probably have
to take a codec or two out of the picture.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - http://www.papajohn.org
MM2 Tips and Tricks: http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?t=4693
Online Newsletters: http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJohn/Index.aspx

"James Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a new system with 2gb of memory, Windows MCE 2005 with SP2. Also,
>what
> I believe to be the latest version of MovieMaker.
> My project consists of about 50 photos. Too many times when I try to drag
> the timeline cursor, Movie Maker will just hang, typically with an
> East/West
> cursor. My only recourse is to kill the task. I think it seems to happen
> mostly if I try to drag the time-line too quickly, but I'm not sure.
> Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a later version of Movie
> Maker?
> My 'About' dialog says I have version 2.1.4026.0
>
> Thanks
> --
> James Kirk

=?Utf-8?B?R2V0aGVsc29uIE5pY2Rhbw==?=

      4th Nov 2005
I have also experience that, hanging MM2 when you importing too many picture.
But my suggestion to you is do the tip that i post i'm sure that you need
that tip to avoid hanging MM2... My system is only a PIII 1.0GHZ and 256MB
RAM... And Have The Same MM2 Version...

Gethel