Movie Maker freezes after a few seconds

=?Utf-8?B?YWJyb2NrNQ==?=

      8th Jan 2006
We have been trying to use MM to download video from our Canon ZR200. When
we first plug in our camera to the firewire, the computer recognizes the
camera and MM starts just fine. We follow the on-screen instructions and
when we start to capture the video, the camera rewinds and starts to capture,
but freezes after about 5 seconds (the most we have ever got is 19 seconds).
After this, the computer no longer recognizes the camera. We have tried to
capture using Adobe Premiere with the same results. We have MM version 2.1
and Service Pack 2. System requirements are not the issue either. We have
tried absolutely everything we can think of. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated as this is becoming increasingly frustrating. Thanks.

Wojo

      8th Jan 2006
This definitely sounds like either a bad firewire cable or a bad card.
If you or a friend have another cable swap them and see what happens. Or you
can have a friend try your camera on their computer to see if it works.
-Wojo
--
Wojo's Web:
http://www.remember-christopher.dostweb.com/Wojos_web/