Movie Maker Crashes

sdculp

      7th Dec 2009
I have not used Windows Movie Maker before, but I recently received a short
camcorder video in which the camera was rotated 90 degrees. WMM seems to be
the preferred method of rotating videos. The filewas MOV and I converted it
to MPG. I imported the MPG file into WMM, and drug it into the timeline.
However, if I try to do anything beyond that the program locks up and also
locks up the OS. The file won’t even play. A reboot is the only solution.

WMM must be a part of the OS, since I can find no way to delete/reinstall it.

My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2GHz with 1.00GB of RAM. The
operating system is Windows XP Home, Sp 3 with all updates.

Can anyone help me?

John Inzer

      8th Dec 2009
sdculp wrote:
> I have not used Windows Movie Maker before, but I recently received a
> short camcorder video in which the camera was rotated 90 degrees.
> WMM seems to be the preferred method of rotating videos. The filewas
> MOV and I converted it to MPG. I imported the MPG file into WMM, and
> drug it into the timeline. However, if I try to do anything beyond
> that the program locks up and also locks up the OS. The file won't
> even play. A reboot is the only solution.
>
> WMM must be a part of the OS, since I can find no way to
> delete/reinstall it.
>
> My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2GHz with 1.00GB of RAM. The
> operating system is Windows XP Home, Sp 3 with all updates.
>
> Can anyone help me?

===============================
As you have discovered....mov files are not
compatible with Movie Maker and .mpg files
cause issues also...

Try converting the .mov file to the .wmv
format before importing into Movie Maker.

Many formats are reportedly compatible with
Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
Music - wma, wav, wmv

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Hot-text

      8th Dec 2009
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...om-a-videotape

Remember all Video Editor need Free Space to work and Computer need Free
Space run...
if a Editor take up all Free Space the Computer will not run.....
...But delete/reinstall Windows Movie Maker will not work
Now more RAM and Free Space will help

news:(E-Mail Removed)...