Move the Microsoft UAM Volume...

StuartM

      15th Aug 2004
I have a server that has the Microsoft UAM Volume located
on the C: drive and I would like to move it to the D:
drive as the system partition is running out of space. Are
there any issues with this, or can I just move the volume
and reshare it with the same permissions?

Thanks in advance... Stuart.

Jim Seifert [MSFT]

      16th Aug 2004
Relocating the MS UAM Volume is a not a problem. It is installed on the
first available NTFS volume during install but it is not required on that
volume. The easiest way is probably to delete the shared volume, move the
folder and recreate the share with the permissions.

newsgroup purposes only.
"StuartM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:649a01c48319$28afafc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a server that has the Microsoft UAM Volume located
> on the C: drive and I would like to move it to the D:
> drive as the system partition is running out of space. Are
> there any issues with this, or can I just move the volume
> and reshare it with the same permissions?
>
> Thanks in advance... Stuart.

StuartM

      31st Aug 2004
Thanks for the help!