mouse thinks Im double clicking

Jerry

      7th Jan 2004
Mouse seems to think I'm double clicking when I single
click. This most noticble on web pages and email. Click
once and a couple items are gone. Also can not use mouse
to resize a window. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, Jerry

Malke

      7th Jan 2004
Jerry wrote:

> Mouse seems to think I'm double clicking when I single
> click. This most noticble on web pages and email. Click
> once and a couple items are gone. Also can not use mouse
> to resize a window. Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance, Jerry

Web pages are always single-click. You can set your mouse to use the
standard double-click for "execute" in the Mouse Applet in Control
Panel. Post back if you need more help.

Cheers,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

      7th Jan 2004

pages are single click. What happens is: If I have 2 pages
on full screen, clicking (deleting)the top page will
likely delete both. It gets real frustrating.

Christophere emailed me to (1) Go to My Computer-Tools-
Folder options and see if "Double click to open an icon"
was checked. It was. (2) Reinstall mouse driver. Did
that. No change.. Any aideas.? Thanks Jerry

Malke

      7th Jan 2004
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> [...]

What about experimenting with the mouse sensitivity? Maybe turn it down?
Also, try with another mouse. Maybe the one you have is getting worn
out. It does happen - think about how many times that little part gets
moved.

Cheers,

Malke
--

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> [...]

Just had another stray thought - Is this a wireless mouse? Maybe the
batteries need to be changed.

Malke