mouse pointer messages

=?Utf-8?B?bWRi?=

      14th Mar 2004
Can I change the appearance of the little messages that pop up when I put my mouse pointer on certain buttons (such as the close and minimize buttons) or icons on the quick launch bar. If so, what do I do? Thanks.

Vance Green

      14th Mar 2004
Right-click any empty portion of Desktop>>Properties>>
Appearance>>Item: Tool Tips

"mdb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I change the appearance of the little messages that pop up when I put

my mouse pointer on certain buttons (such as the close and minimize buttons)
or icons on the quick launch bar. If so, what do I do? Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?bWRi?=

      14th Mar 2004
Vance: Thank you very much. My 88 year old mother had what she described as a "tail" following around her mouse pointer. I figured out that it was a background problem but I didn't know the little messages were called tool tips. She now thinks that I'm a genius. I appreciate your help

mb