motherboard help. Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard

marq122 via HWKB.com

      7th Sep 2006
I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to set
up the pin's or wire for the power led and keys. I don't want to burn the
motherboard from just guesting at it. If anybody could help me that would be
great. This is what I have.
This is my personal Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard (136109-102) with the
Processor and memory still installed. The processor is Pentium III 700mhz and
there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.

Dave

      7th Sep 2006

"marq122 via HWKB.com" <u26242@uwe> wrote in message
>I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to
>set
> up the pin's or wire for the power led and keys. I don't want to burn the
> motherboard from just guesting at it. If anybody could help me that would
> be
> great. This is what I have.
> This is my personal Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard (136109-102) with
> the
> Processor and memory still installed. The processor is Pentium III 700mhz
> and
> there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.
>
> --

You aren't going to burn the motherboard by guessing at it. Power and reset
are momentary contact. Either they are connected, or they aren't. You
can't "short" it in reverse.

The LEDs connections can be reversed. Three things will happen if you
guess:
1) Nothing (wrong pins)
2) Nothing (right pins, but reversed wires)
3) LEDs work correctly

Having said that, you shouldn't have to guess. Most mainboards are marked
somehow, though the print is microscopic and often abbreviated, such as
2-point type reading "pwr_led" with little + and - signs. That would be the
Power light on the front of the case, and the +/- shows which way to connect
the wires. At worst, if the wires aren't marked, you've got a 50/50 shot at
it, so you'll get it right in 2 tries or less. -Dave

marq122 via HWKB.com

      7th Sep 2006
Dave wrote:
>>I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to
>>set

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> and
>> there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.

>You aren't going to burn the motherboard by guessing at it. Power and reset
>are momentary contact. Either they are connected, or they aren't. You
>can't "short" it in reverse.
>
>The LEDs connections can be reversed. Three things will happen if you
>guess:
>1) Nothing (wrong pins)
>2) Nothing (right pins, but reversed wires)
>3) LEDs work correctly
>
>Having said that, you shouldn't have to guess. Most mainboards are marked
>somehow, though the print is microscopic and often abbreviated, such as
>2-point type reading "pwr_led" with little + and - signs. That would be the
>Power light on the front of the case, and the +/- shows which way to connect
>the wires. At worst, if the wires aren't marked, you've got a 50/50 shot at
>it, so you'll get it right in 2 tries or less. -Dave

Ok the wires are mark. The board is not all it show is number of pin. 1, 2 ,
J10 19,20.
So I don't know where the power led will go and the reset swich and the hdd
led.
Is it ok if I do guest?