More errors with installing programs!

Sam

      29th Oct 2003
I got several errors when trying to install Norton
AntiVirus 2003.

Here are the following errors:

Error 1606. Could not access network
location ":ocuments and Settings\All Users\Desktop".

I looked this one up on the microsoft knowledge base and
it brought up a similar error
us;315352&Product=winxp

but when I tried to access the registry via regedit it
came up with another error message:

Memory access violation in module kernel32 at
4375:86952838

How do I fix these? It might be a virus from a bogus
email from microsoft. (Read about the email in the
Windows XP Security Administration newsgroup.)

-Sam

Mary Sauer

      29th Oct 2003
Norton has some help
http://tinyurl.com/lph4

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:098801c39dce$a517a580$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got several errors when trying to install Norton
> AntiVirus 2003.
>
> Here are the following errors:
>
> Error 1606. Could not access network
> location ":ocuments and Settings\All Users\Desktop".
>
> I looked this one up on the microsoft knowledge base and
> it brought up a similar error
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;315352&Product=winxp
>
> but when I tried to access the registry via regedit it
> came up with another error message:
>
> Memory access violation in module kernel32 at
> 4375:86952838
>
> How do I fix these? It might be a virus from a bogus
> email from microsoft. (Read about the email in the
> Windows XP Security Administration newsgroup.)
>
> -Sam

      30th Oct 2003
Thanks but I can't fix it because when I type the regedit
command this error pops up: