Monitor user network connections

eljainc

      4th Mar 2008
Hello,

Is there a built in system utility or control panel application that
can monitor network connections made from other computers? For
example, WinXP Home allows 5 simultaneous connections, and WinXP
allows 10 connections. In the case of Windows XP Home, if 5 users
connect, and a 6th tries to map to a share, they will get an access
denied error or similar error. Is there a utility that can be run on
this computer that can monitor who is connected and to manually
release any connection that is not desired?

Thanks
Mike

Bob I

      4th Mar 2008
R-click My Computer, pick Manage, System tools, shared folders

eljainc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a built in system utility or control panel application that
> can monitor network connections made from other computers? For
> example, WinXP Home allows 5 simultaneous connections, and WinXP
> allows 10 connections. In the case of Windows XP Home, if 5 users
> connect, and a 6th tries to map to a share, they will get an access
> denied error or similar error. Is there a utility that can be run on
> this computer that can monitor who is connected and to manually
> release any connection that is not desired?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

eljainc

      5th Mar 2008
On Mar 4, 8:17 am, Bob I <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> R-click My Computer, pick Manage, System tools, shared folders

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Mike

Bob I

      5th Mar 2008

eljainc wrote:

> On Mar 4, 8:17 am, Bob I <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>R-click My Computer, pick Manage, System tools, shared folders
>>

> That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
> Mike

You're welcome, have a great day!