monitor image turned sideways

phoebe

      15th May 2009
My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

JS

      15th May 2009
The following may work: CTRL+ALT+Up arrow
or some similar key keyboard combination for some but not all video cards.

Some graphics cards also come a utility or an option to rotate your display.
Most likely to be found in the Display/Advanced option.
You may also be able to turn off Display rotation so the problem does not
happen again.

Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Setting Tab, Advanced button or it
could be an
Icon in the control panel specifically for the Video Card you have.

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"phoebe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways.
> This
> happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right
> by
> just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over ,
> but
> no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor.
> My
> neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

Richard Cranium

      15th May 2009
On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?cGhvZWJl?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
>happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
>keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
>batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
>having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
>just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
>no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
>neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

You can work while lying down on your side, or, CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW
(or LEFT ARROW). Up and down arrow flips display horizontally. At
least, this is on my PC.

Ken Blake, MVP

      15th May 2009
On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
> happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
> just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
> no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
> neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
some arrow key.
Rotate it back using those keys.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

phoebe

      16th May 2009

"JS" wrote:

> The following may work: CTRL+ALT+Up arrow
> or some similar key keyboard combination for some but not all video cards.
>
> Some graphics cards also come a utility or an option to rotate your display.
> Most likely to be found in the Display/Advanced option.
> You may also be able to turn off Display rotation so the problem does not
> happen again.
>
> Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Setting Tab, Advanced button or it
> could be an
> Icon in the control panel specifically for the Video Card you have.
>
> --
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>

> "phoebe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways.
> > This
> > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right
> > by
> > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over ,
> > but
> > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor.
> > My
> > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

> Thanks, My neck is feeling much better now that I'm upright!

Phoebe

phoebe

      16th May 2009

"Richard Cranium" wrote:

> On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?cGhvZWJl?=
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
> >happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> >keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> >batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> >having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
> >just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
> >no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
> >neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

> You can work while lying down on your side, or, CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW
> (or LEFT ARROW). Up and down arrow flips display horizontally. At
> least, this is on my PC.

Thanks, I decided to try the keyboard remedy rather than the prone
remedy...it worked!
Phoebe

phoebe

      16th May 2009

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
> > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
> > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
> > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
> > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

> The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
> card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
> orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
> some arrow key.
> Rotate it back using those keys.
>

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Much better I'm upright now!
Thanks,
Phoebe

Ken Blake, MVP

      16th May 2009
On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:01:01 -0700, phoebe
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
> > > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
> > > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
> > > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
> > > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
> > > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
> > > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
> > > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

> > The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
> > card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
> > orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
> > some arrow key.
> > Rotate it back using those keys.
> >

> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup
> >

> Much better I'm upright now!
> Thanks,

You're welcome. Glad to help.