Modifying data via VBA

RLN

      10th Jan 2007
Hello.

I would like to do bulk modifications to the "Category" field of
approx. 900+ contacts.
Does anyone have an example (or know a good site) that would have code
samples to accomplish this on the fly?

Thank you.

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

      11th Jan 2007

Simply loop through the Items collection of the contact folder. Each item
has a Categories property, into which you can write. Then call the item's
Save method.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am 10 Jan 2007 12:26:43 -0800 schrieb RLN:

> Hello.
>
> I would like to do bulk modifications to the "Category" field of
> approx. 900+ contacts.
> Does anyone have an example (or know a good site) that would have code
> samples to accomplish this on the fly?
>
> Thank you.

RLN

      22nd Jan 2007
Michael,
My apologies for the late reply.
Is this something that can be done efficiently in VBScript or are there
other methods you would recommend?

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
> Simply loop through the Items collection of the contact folder. Each item
> has a Categories property, into which you can write. Then call the item's
> Save method.
>
> --
> Viele Gruesse / Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
> Keep your Outlook categories organized!
> http://www.shareit.com/product.html?...4&languageid=1
> (German: http://www.VBOffice.net/product.html?pub=6)
>

> Am 10 Jan 2007 12:26:43 -0800 schrieb RLN:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I would like to do bulk modifications to the "Category" field of
> > approx. 900+ contacts.
> > Does anyone have an example (or know a good site) that would have code
> > samples to accomplish this on the fly?
> >
> > Thank you.

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

      23rd Jan 2007

If it's needed only once then it doesn't matter. The loop would be faster
though with CDO 1.21 or Redemption (www.dimastr.com).

If you like a comfortable user interface for editing categories then you
might try my Addin, download the English demo via ShareIT (sig below).

--

Am 22 Jan 2007 12:10:52 -0800 schrieb RLN:

> Michael,
> My apologies for the late reply.
> Is this something that can be done efficiently in VBScript or are there
> other methods you would recommend?
>

> Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
>> Simply loop through the Items collection of the contact folder. Each item
>> has a Categories property, into which you can write. Then call the item's
>> Save method.
>>
>> --
>> Viele Gruesse / Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>> Keep your Outlook categories organized!
>> http://www.shareit.com/product.html?...4&languageid=1
>> (German: http://www.VBOffice.net/product.html?pub=6)
>>

>> Am 10 Jan 2007 12:26:43 -0800 schrieb RLN:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I would like to do bulk modifications to the "Category" field of
>>> approx. 900+ contacts.
>>> Does anyone have an example (or know a good site) that would have code
>>> samples to accomplish this on the fly?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

rlntemp-gns@yahoo.com

      14th Feb 2007
Michael...thank you for this utility...Again my apologies for the late
reply. I need to better manange my newsgroup monitoring...maybe set
something up somehow where I get receive email when someone posts a
response so my reply doesn't appear rude when tardy.

RLN