MMCNDMGR.DLL missing or not registered -HELP

Bruce T

      15th Jan 2004
I recently reformated and reinstalled windows 2000 on my
Dell Insoiron 8000. I had trouble copying MMCNDMGR.DLL
from the install disk, it may have been damaged so I
skipped it. All else seems well, I did all the updates.
When I try to open the device manager I get the following
pop up message:

"MMC cannot create a node manager. make sure MMCNDMGR.DLL
is registered. "

I located the file on the setup disk and
copied it into the system 32 folder. I also copied the
MMCNDMGR.DLL from another computer and pasted it in the
folder as well. I tried it several ways even tried to
expand it.
I think it needs to get registered somehow. I just dont
know how.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bruce

Tim Newton [MSFT]

      16th Jan 2004
To register a file, go to Start- Run and type the following:

regsvr32 mmcndmgr.dll

--
Tim Newton [MSFT]
(E-Mail Removed)

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The views and opinions
expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do not necessarily express
or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

"Bruce T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:002201c3db17$65b53110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently reformated and reinstalled windows 2000 on my
> Dell Insoiron 8000. I had trouble copying MMCNDMGR.DLL
> from the install disk, it may have been damaged so I
> skipped it. All else seems well, I did all the updates.
> When I try to open the device manager I get the following
> pop up message:
>
> "MMC cannot create a node manager. make sure MMCNDMGR.DLL
> is registered. "
>
> I located the file on the setup disk and
> copied it into the system 32 folder. I also copied the
> MMCNDMGR.DLL from another computer and pasted it in the
> folder as well. I tried it several ways even tried to
> expand it.
> I think it needs to get registered somehow. I just dont
> know how.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Bruce

Bruce T

      16th Jan 2004
Thanks, I thought I tried that. This time it worked.
Thanks
Bruce

New Member

      7th Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce T View Post
I recently reformated and reinstalled windows 2000 on my
Dell Insoiron 8000. I had trouble copying MMCNDMGR.DLL
from the install disk, it may have been damaged so I
skipped it. All else seems well, I did all the updates.
When I try to open the device manager I get the following
pop up message:

"MMC cannot create a node manager. make sure MMCNDMGR.DLL
is registered. "

I located the file on the setup disk and
copied it into the system 32 folder. I also copied the
MMCNDMGR.DLL from another computer and pasted it in the
folder as well. I tried it several ways even tried to
expand it.
I think it needs to get registered somehow. I just dont
know how.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bruce
hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/mmcndmgr.dll/

u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!
I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case