Missing Spyware?

Graham

      24th Feb 2005
I currently use NoAdware v3.0 for identifying
Adware/Spyware. Recently I've been trying MS AntiSpyware
and up until today I've been happy with the results.
Scanning today with NoAdware I found lots of entries
for "Kazaa" which I would normally delete from my system.
Instead I then performed a full scan with MS AntiSpyware
and nothing was found at all!

Is Kazaa spyware and if so, why didn't MS AntiSpyware
find it?

Cheers,

Graham

Bill Sanderson

      25th Feb 2005
Many people in these groups can attest that Microsoft Antispyware finds
Kazaa.

According to this reference, from a respected researcher in the field,
NoAdware has had a rather unsavoury history. However, he does note that the
version you are using is supposed to have gotten beyond the false positives
that were a problem with earlier versions.

Your experience makes me wonder, though.

Does it show you exactly what these objects are? I'm suspecting that they
are probably leftover registry entries of some sort--probably nothing that
is remotely a problem--just evidence that Kazaa was once installed on the
machine, perhaps.

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

news:0e7501c51aa1$5b3cb850$(E-Mail Removed)...