Missing reference to OWC10.DLL - how to fix?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

      1st Jun 2005
Hello -
I support several Access 2002 databases. Yesterday, when opening one of
them, I received the following error message: Your Microsoft Access database
or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'OWC10.DLL'
version 1.1.
Upon opening the Available References (Under Tools, References), I found
that the reference for this file was checked, but the description read:
"Missing: Microsoft Office XP Web Components". The properties box showed
the correct path location for the file (C:/Program Files/Common
Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Components/10/OWC10.DLL) but apparently couldn't
access it. I checked some of my other databases and they were correctly
referencing the file without errors.

The main problem that I notice in the problem database is that the default
date function "Date()" is not working correctly in any of the forms. Any
suggestions on how to correct the missing reference? I'm hoping this will
fix the date functionality as well.

Thanks.

John Spencer (MVP)

      1st Jun 2005
NOTE the exact name of the missing item.
UNCHECK it.
Close the dialog
Compile your code. If you get no errors then you don't need the missing library
for this application.
If you do get errors, then open Tools, references.
Find the item you unchecked and recheck it.
Close the dialog.

Mary wrote:

> Hello -
> I support several Access 2002 databases. Yesterday, when opening one of
> them, I received the following error message: Your Microsoft Access database
> or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'OWC10.DLL'
> version 1.1.
> Upon opening the Available References (Under Tools, References), I found
> that the reference for this file was checked, but the description read:
> "Missing: Microsoft Office XP Web Components". The properties box showed
> the correct path location for the file (C:/Program Files/Common
> Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Components/10/OWC10.DLL) but apparently couldn't
> access it. I checked some of my other databases and they were correctly
> referencing the file without errors.
>
> The main problem that I notice in the problem database is that the default
> date function "Date()" is not working correctly in any of the forms. Any
> suggestions on how to correct the missing reference? I'm hoping this will
> fix the date functionality as well.
>
> Thanks.

New Member

      13th Oct 2006
I needed this fix also, and it worked fine. THanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spencer (MVP)