Missing: Office Compatible 1.0 Type Library

Liz C

      10th Nov 2008
Good morning!
I'm trying to use a database after converting from 2000 to 2003 (I have SP3
and the hotfix installed) and am having some problems. It has a problem with
"Dim MyDatabase As Database". It says "Can't find project or library.

Another person is trying the same thing, but he gets the message "Missing or
broken reference to MSOC.DLL version 1.0".

I looked, and in my Visual Basic References, I have "Office Compatible 1.0
Type Library" checked, but it has "Missing" in front of it. Is there
somewhere I can get this file, or does someone know a solution to these
problems?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Liz

Roger Carlson

      10th Nov 2008
Uncheck the one that says MISSING. Next, scroll down the list until you
find the one that says: Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library and check that.
Then click OK.

--
--Roger Carlson
MS Access MVP

"Liz C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good morning!
> I'm trying to use a database after converting from 2000 to 2003 (I have
> SP3
> and the hotfix installed) and am having some problems. It has a problem
> with
> "Dim MyDatabase As Database". It says "Can't find project or library.
>
> Another person is trying the same thing, but he gets the message "Missing
> or
> broken reference to MSOC.DLL version 1.0".
>
> I looked, and in my Visual Basic References, I have "Office Compatible 1.0
> Type Library" checked, but it has "Missing" in front of it. Is there
> somewhere I can get this file, or does someone know a solution to these
> problems?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!
>
> Liz

Liz C