Missing Network Drive letters

=?Utf-8?B?cnViZW5AZGZ3b24tc2l0ZS5jb20=?=

      25th Oct 2004
We have a remote PC that VPN's into corporate network. We mapped various
network drives using the mapped network drive tool and reconnect at logon is
checked. The problem we are having is after a restart, 2 of the mapped
network drives disappear (unmapped). After the user logons, they have to
remap the same 2 network drives (as if they were never mapped before). This
situation happens on a consistence basis. Same 2 drives disappear everytime.

What could be causing these 2 mapped network drives to disappear or unmap or
reset themselves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ruben

=?Utf-8?B?UmFq?=

      25th Oct 2004
In case any of the network drive computer is running on Win 98 or 95

Raj

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> We have a remote PC that VPN's into corporate network. We mapped various
> network drives using the mapped network drive tool and reconnect at logon is
> checked. The problem we are having is after a restart, 2 of the mapped
> network drives disappear (unmapped). After the user logons, they have to
> remap the same 2 network drives (as if they were never mapped before). This
> situation happens on a consistence basis. Same 2 drives disappear everytime.
>
> What could be causing these 2 mapped network drives to disappear or unmap or
> reset themselves?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ruben

NobodyMan

      26th Oct 2004
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:15:02 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a remote PC that VPN's into corporate network. We mapped various
>network drives using the mapped network drive tool and reconnect at logon is
>checked. The problem we are having is after a restart, 2 of the mapped
>network drives disappear (unmapped). After the user logons, they have to
>remap the same 2 network drives (as if they were never mapped before). This
>situation happens on a consistence basis. Same 2 drives disappear everytime.
>
>What could be causing these 2 mapped network drives to disappear or unmap or
>reset themselves?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Ruben

You asked this exact question 8 minutes ago. Impatience is not well
regarded or rewarded here.