Missing Dumprep.exe

Alti

      18th Nov 2008
My IE7 is starting to freeze, and in the Task Manager I noticed that
Dumprep.exe then uses a lot of CPU.

After reading through article 899870 I then tried to disable dumprep.exe,
but can not find it in either the System Configuration Utility or the
Register.

Should I try to re-install it and then disable it?

Leonard Grey

      18th Nov 2008
Can't get accurate help without knowing what version of Windows you
have. In the meantime, try these troubleshooting procedures:

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine