Missing dll...

Suz

      6th Aug 2003
Hopefully I'm in the right news group...Am using Win2K &
have recently installed a nifty little program (Texefex)
that is supposed to let me see my finished result in a web
setting...Every time I try to do so I get the following
message:
Procedure entry point Rtl Duplicate Unicode String not in
dynamic link libnrary ntdll.dll
My question is this: Have I lost a dll somewhere? & Where
can I go to download it again? (& what's it's name?)
Thanks in advance for time & help...Newsgroups the
best...Never been NOT helped by one...
Thank Again

Mark V

      7th Aug 2003
Suz wrote in news:04a901c35c6a$799e1d80$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hopefully I'm in the right news group...Am using Win2K &
> have recently installed a nifty little program (Texefex)
> that is supposed to let me see my finished result in a web
> setting...Every time I try to do so I get the following
> message:
> Procedure entry point Rtl Duplicate Unicode String not in
> dynamic link libnrary ntdll.dll
> My question is this: Have I lost a dll somewhere? & Where
> can I go to download it again? (& what's it's name?)
> Thanks in advance for time & help...Newsgroups the
> best...Never been NOT helped by one...
> Thank Again

I don't know but can say that there is no such function
RtlDuplicateUnicodeString
in my standard ntdll.dll (W2K SP3)

I suspect a programming error in the application....
Did you contact the publisher?

Mark V

      7th Aug 2003
Suz wrote in news:04a901c35c6a$799e1d80$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hopefully I'm in the right news group...Am using Win2K &
> have recently installed a nifty little program (Texefex)
> that is supposed to let me see my finished result in a web
> setting...Every time I try to do so I get the following
> message:
> Procedure entry point Rtl Duplicate Unicode String not in
> dynamic link libnrary ntdll.dll
> My question is this: Have I lost a dll somewhere? & Where
> can I go to download it again? (& what's it's name?)
> Thanks in advance for time & help...Newsgroups the
> best...Never been NOT helped by one...
> Thank Again

I don't know but can say that there is no such function
RtlDuplicateUnicodeString
in my standard ntdll.dll (W2K SP3)

I suspect a programming error in the application....
Did you contact the publisher?

Mark V

      8th Aug 2003
Suz wrote in news:058d01c35d53$64bea3f0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks Mark...
> Was thinking that myself, but am not very educated in the
> registry area...So I will contact the program
> publiher...Appreciate your time...S

YW
Actually not registry. I used depends.exe to look at ntdll.dll.
DEPENDS is included in the W2K Support Tools (on the CD).
In case you were interested.

New Member

      15th Feb 2006
Just delete APPHELP.DLL (it's in SYSTEM32) and you'll get rid of the error message." This DLL is XP-specific and should not be installed on Windows 2000.

New Member

      11th Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz View Post