Missing Content Placeholder in nested master content page

John

      14th Jan 2008
Hi,

I'm having trouble with nested master pages (and creating the same behaviour
as Scott Guthrie's blog post
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...e-support.aspx )
..

I have a 'Main' master and added a 'Sub' master (based on 'Main') and
finally added a 'Home' content page (based on 'Sub'). However rather than
the expected Content Placeholder control the content page has a comment
saying: "<%-- Add content controls here --%>", but the control isn't
available in the toolbox. This does seem to happen in Scott's demo, can
anyone help?

(Using VS 2008 Pro RTM)

Thanks in advance.

John

Walter Wang [MSFT]

      15th Jan 2008
Hi John,

I'm not sure if I fully understand the question here. I just tried the
nested master page on VS2008, both in Website mode and Web Application
Project mode, which all work correctly. The only difference is that in Web
Application Project mode, when we add a new WebForm, we don't have the
option to "Choose MasterPage", instead, we can open the master page and
select menu "Website/Add Content Page" to create a new content page for
current master page.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

John

      15th Jan 2008
Hello Walter,

Thanks for you reply. Following your reassurance I've been back to the
problem and realised my mistake. The problem was that I hadn't added a new
Content Placeholder to the 'Sub' master and so even though I based the
content page on the 'Sub' master there was no placeholder for it to look at.

Hope that helps others who make the same mistake.

Thanks again Walter.

Best regards

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...