Midi Files Won't Play in Powerpoint 2003

Jimmie Noshanks

      13th Apr 2006
Greetings,

Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when they
are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the file it
won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.

Windows XP Home Edition.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Noshanks

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBXaWxzb24=?=

      14th Apr 2006
What ppt version and is it up to date with service packs.

AFAIK midi should work with all versions of ppt from 97?

Are you using insert > movie/sound/ play automatically?
--
Hope that helps

"Jimmie Noshanks" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when they
> are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the file it
> won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
>
> Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Noshanks

Thurlowe

      14th Apr 2006
Also, you might want to check the path to the Midi's. If it is too long then
they may not play.
"Jimmie Noshanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a4A%f.91784$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
>
> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when
> they are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the file
> it won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
>
> Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Noshanks

Jimmie Noshanks

      15th Apr 2006

"John Wilson" <codepeople AT aol DOT com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What ppt version and is it up to date with service packs.
>
> AFAIK midi should work with all versions of ppt from 97?
>
> Are you using insert > movie/sound/ play automatically?
> --
> Hope that helps
>

> "Jimmie Noshanks" wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when
>> they
>> are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the file it
>> won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
>>
>> Windows XP Home Edition.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>> Noshanks

Using Office 2003 all Windows service packs are installed.

The midi file is the ones supplied by Office 2003.

Yes, I am using insert: movie/sound/ play automatically.

Noshanks

Jimmie Noshanks

      15th Apr 2006

"Thurlowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also, you might want to check the path to the Midi's. If it is too long
> then they may not play.
> "Jimmie Noshanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a4A%f.91784$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when
>> they are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the
>> file it won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
>>
>> Windows XP Home Edition.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>> Noshanks

The file is located wherever Windows keeps them because I'm just using the
ones offered in PowerPoint 2003, but I'll check to see how long the path is.

Thanks.

Noshanks