Microsoft Word: Autotext for fractions

=?Utf-8?B?S2l0dHk=?=

      13th Jun 2005
When typing the fractions 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4, Word is able to auto-format them.

How can I produce the same effect for other fractions e.g 1/3 and 2/3?

Shauna Kelly

      13th Jun 2005
Hi Kitty

See
How can I create a fraction in Word that isn't in any of the fonts I have?

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Kitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When typing the fractions 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4, Word is able to auto-format
> them.
>
> How can I produce the same effect for other fractions e.g 1/3 and 2/3?

=?Utf-8?B?S2l0dHk=?=

      13th Jun 2005
Thanks very much Shauna. I had seen that page before, but on closer
inspection I noticed that if I brought up on my screen exactly the same
symbols group as in the screenshot, i.e. "normal text", subset "currency
symbols" then the fractions I was after are shown.

Thanks again.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

> Hi Kitty
>
> See
> How can I create a fraction in Word that isn't in any of the fonts I have?
>
> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
> http://www.shaunakelly.com/word
>

> "Kitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When typing the fractions 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4, Word is able to auto-format
> > them.
> >
> > How can I produce the same effect for other fractions e.g 1/3 and 2/3?

Cynthia

      13th Jun 2005
here are some keyboard shortcuts that you might find useful
for the 1/3 type 2153, ALT+X and that will insert a correct format of that
fraction
for the 2/3 type 2154, ALT+X and that will insert a correct format of that
fraction
for the 1/8 type 2158, ALT+X and that will instert a correct format of that
fraction
for the 3/8 type 215C, ALT+X and that will insert a correct format of that
fraction
for the 5/8 type 215D, ALT+X and that will insert a correct format of that
fraction
for the 7/8 type 215E, ALT+X and that will insert a correct format of that
fraction
What I like to do with all fractions (including the ones I can get by
pressing ALT+171 for , ALT+172 for , and ALT+0190 for ) I will swipe the
mouse over the fraction to select it and will save it as an auto text. Then
if I type 3/4 and press ENTER, VOILA! there it is! I used to have quite a
number of specialized numbers saved in auto text when I worked at Group
Health in word processing because I used them all the time and did not want
to go through the special key codes all the time like above.

Cynthia

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      13th Jun 2005
AutoText is unnecessary for , , and if you have the relevant AutoFormat
As You Type option checked. The other built-in fractions can be more
efficiently used if they are saved as AutoCorrect entries rather than
AutoText. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill