Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111)

Robert

      11th Jul 2006
Is it alright to include this patch in the xp core base image? As
anyone tried it? Has does the old hardware systems handle this driver?

Mario Schmidt

      12th Jul 2006
Robert schrieb:
> Is it alright to include this patch in the xp core base image? As
> anyone tried it? Has does the old hardware systems handle this driver?

Works like it should. I used the /integrate switch.

Robert

      12th Jul 2006
A couple of questions

What was the source of your patch, Microsoft, or the Vendor Hardware?
Is it vendor dependent?

Thanks

Robert

Mario Schmidt wrote:
> Robert schrieb:
> > Is it alright to include this patch in the xp core base image? As
> > anyone tried it? Has does the old hardware systems handle this driver?

> Works like it should. I used the /integrate switch.

Mario Schmidt

      14th Jul 2006
Robert schrieb:
> A couple of questions
>
> What was the source of your patch, Microsoft, or the Vendor Hardware?
> Is it vendor dependent?

I took it out of the VIA HDA sound driver package. It' s the same for
all vendors, but make sure you get the latest version.

You can' t get it from Microsoft directly, AFAIK. At least not as enduser.