Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Symantic Runtime error

Jen

      28th Jan 2008
When I startup and get to my desktop, I get this notification
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
runtime error
program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe
R6025
pure vitual function call

I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of runtime
error.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Mark L. Ferguson

      28th Jan 2008
You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec folders?
You have not tried removing the Symantec software?

--
Mark L. Ferguson
e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
"Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I startup and get to my desktop, I get this notification
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> runtime error
> program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe
> R6025
> pure vitual function call
>
> I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of runtime
> error.
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Jen

      28th Jan 2008
This is a software that I have paid for. I don't see why I should remove it.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec folders?
> You have not tried removing the Symantec software?
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
> ..
> "Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I startup and get to my desktop, I get this notification
> > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> > runtime error
> > program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe
> > R6025
> > pure vitual function call
> >
> > I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of runtime
> > error.
> > Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Jen

      28th Jan 2008
This is a software that I paid for, so I don't see why I should remove it.
Perhaps there is an update or patch?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec folders?
> You have not tried removing the Symantec software?
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
> ..
> "Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I startup and get to my desktop, I get this notification
> > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> > runtime error
> > program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe
> > R6025
> > pure vitual function call
> >
> > I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of runtime
> > error.
> > Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Don Varnau

      28th Jan 2008
Hi,
Checking for updates would be a good first step.

Next step would be to try uninstalling / reinstalling the Norton/Symantec
program.

Step three would be a search of Symantec support. I tried a quick search,
but didn't find anything on "pure virtual function call." But, I didn't
spend much time on the search.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is a software that I paid for, so I don't see why I should remove it.
> Perhaps there is an update or patch?

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec

folders?
> > You have not tried removing the Symantec software?

..
> > "Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > When I startup and get to my desktop, I get this notification
> > > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> > > runtime error
> > > program files\common files\Symantic shared/ccSvdHst.exe
> > > R6025
> > > pure vitual function call
> > >
> > > I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of

runtime
> > > error.
> > > Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Jen

      29th Jan 2008
I did a Norton Scan and found it is missing a dll file: mvcp80.dll
This came up several times under different things like the HSLoader.exe
cannot access a necessary file msvcr80.dll. Is there somewhere I can download
that or maybe I should contact Symantec.
Thanks for your help.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Checking for updates would be a good first step.
>
> Next step would be to try uninstalling / reinstalling the Norton/Symantec
> program.
>
> Step three would be a search of Symantec support. I tried a quick search,
> but didn't find anything on "pure virtual function call." But, I didn't
> spend much time on the search.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This is a software that I paid for, so I don't see why I should remove it.
> > Perhaps there is an update or patch?

> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> > > You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec

> folders?
> > > You have not tried removing the Symantec software?

> ..
> > > "Jen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> runtime

Allan

      27th Sep 2008

"jimmy7879" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am getting the same message but was not even aware that I had symantic
> installed on my HP laptop. I definitely don't use the program, so would
> it be safe to delete the file that is causing this problem? In the
> details section of the error message it says the program path is
> C:\Windows\SMINST\BLService.exe.
>
> Can I delete 'BLService' without causing harm to my laptop?

Search on Symantec's website for help regarding their products. You can
check in MSconfig what programs are running at startup.

--
Allan