"Microsoft Office Outlook Could not save item" in Calendar

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZWJlZQ==?=

      6th Nov 2006
Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to create a new
appointment

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      6th Nov 2006
Have you closed Outlook and restarted (completely closed I mean)?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, canebee asked:

| Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to
| create a new appointment

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZWJlZQ==?=

      6th Nov 2006
Completely closed and ran 'detect and repair' on office suite. No effect.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Have you closed Outlook and restarted (completely closed I mean)?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, canebee asked:
>
> | Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to
> | create a new appointment

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      6th Nov 2006
how many items are in the calendar? does it work if you delete some older
appointments?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(E-Mail Removed)

"canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Completely closed and ran 'detect and repair' on office suite. No effect.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Have you closed Outlook and restarted (completely closed I mean)?
>>
>> --
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>> reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, canebee asked:
>>
>> | Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to
>> | create a new appointment

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZWJlZQ==?=

      6th Nov 2006
Calendar is almost empty. Editing of existing appointments also refuses to
save.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> how many items are in the calendar? does it work if you delete some older
> appointments?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Completely closed and ran 'detect and repair' on office suite. No effect.
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you closed Outlook and restarted (completely closed I mean)?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >>
> >> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> >> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> >> reading.
> >>
> >> After furious head scratching, canebee asked:

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      6th Nov 2006
do other modules work - can you send email, save tasks etc? if not, is it
activated.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(E-Mail Removed)

"canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Calendar is almost empty. Editing of existing appointments also refuses to
> save.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> how many items are in the calendar? does it work if you delete some older
>> appointments?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

>> "canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Completely closed and ran 'detect and repair' on office suite. No
>> > effect.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZWJlZQ==?=

      6th Nov 2006
yes Diane, mail works and I can save tasks. i believe I activated the whole
office suite when I loaded them some months ago, but I did start to use
Outlook later than the rest - was still on Outllook Express.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> do other modules work - can you send email, save tasks etc? if not, is it
> activated.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Calendar is almost empty. Editing of existing appointments also refuses to
> > save.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> how many items are in the calendar? does it work if you delete some older
> >> appointments?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >>

> >> "canebee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

New Member

      7th Nov 2007
I'm experiencing the same issue. After months of successful use of Office 2007, the "can't save" message appeared earlier this week. Perhaps coincidentally it occurred after daylight savings time (automatically) changed my computer clock.

I've tried such things as the new "diagnostics" feature (which revealed nothing), uninstalling/reinstalling Outlook, completely emptying calendar of all items, as well as creating a new (blank) data file as a test. Can't enter appointments into that colander either.

Office 2007 is activated.

Google search is coming up empty. No responses to my posts in Microsoft Communities either!

Last edited by jrtaylor; 7th Nov 2007 at 02:56 PM..

New Member

      26th Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?Y2FuZWJlZQ==?=
Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to create a new
appointment
got the same problem "cant save" new appointments or delete/edit old ones in Office Outlook 2007 60 day demo version. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

New Member

      29th Apr 2008
I had this same problem with Office 2003. Outlook.exe was running in task manager under processes. I ended the process and restarted Outlook and the problem was resolved.