Microsoft .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install

moon4707

      13th Nov 2009
Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
..NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

smlunatick

      13th Nov 2009
On Nov 13, 5:43*pm, moon4707 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
> .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
> What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.

Download from where? I also noticed that several Windows Update
updates would not install correct but if I download them manually,
they install correctly.

SPAMCOP User

      13th Nov 2009

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

--
SPAMCOP User

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
> .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to
> install.
> What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.

Download from where? I also noticed that several Windows Update
updates would not install correct but if I download them manually,
they install correctly.

moon4707

      13th Nov 2009
Thanks for your response, smlunatick. I downloaded
Microsoft's .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft's Download
Center. The download went fine but the there was an installation
problem...seems like another program connected with Service Pack 1 was
missing. I have been getting along fine without Service Pack 1, so I will
just let it be. Also, it seems that I have NetFramework 1.1 already on my
computer.

Again, thanks for your help. Have a real GOOD one.

"smlunatick" wrote:

> On Nov 13, 5:43 pm, moon4707 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
> > .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
> > What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?
> >
> > Thank you for any help you can give me.

> Download from where? I also noticed that several Windows Update
> updates would not install correct but if I download them manually,
> they install correctly.
> .

David

      14th Nov 2009
I just updated .NetFramework on my PCs (XP Pro SP2 & XP Home SP3) to
the latest SP's for versions 1.1, 2, 3, & 3.5.

When I installed the service pack for a given version, Control Panel
-> Add/Remove Programs indicated the latest service pack that was
installed for a given .NetFrameWork version. That is except v1.1. For
version 1.1 Add/Remove programs does not indicate that 1.1SP1 is
installed. It just indicates v1.1

Might this be your problem?

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:16:11 -0800, moon4707
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for your response, smlunatick. I downloaded
>Microsoft's .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft's Download
>Center. The download went fine but the there was an installation
>problem...seems like another program connected with Service Pack 1 was
>missing. I have been getting along fine without Service Pack 1, so I will
>just let it be. Also, it seems that I have NetFramework 1.1 already on my
>computer.
>
>Again, thanks for your help. Have a real GOOD one.
>

>"smlunatick" wrote:
>
>> On Nov 13, 5:43 pm, moon4707 <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
>> > .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
>> > What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?
>> >
>> > Thank you for any help you can give me.

>> Download from where? I also noticed that several Windows Update
>> updates would not install correct but if I download them manually,
>> they install correctly.
>> .

SPAMCOP User

      15th Nov 2009
If something is missing then it has to be .NET Framework 1.1

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe'

--
SPAMCOP User