Microsoft Lifecam x-3000

jessy

      27th Jun 2008
i just got a webcam the other day. i installed it and everything required to
set it up and it was working fine. Then today when i woke up i wanted to use
it and it doesn't work anymore. When i try to take a video or picture, the
area where i am supposed to see myself is just black. The usb is plugged in
and the light to indicate the webcam is on is on. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work. I do not understand why it worked
fine yesterday and today it doesn't work. I did not change anything or do
anything to my computer that might effect it. I have no clue what to do.

Nonny

      27th Jun 2008
jessy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i just got a webcam the other day. i installed it and everything required to
>set it up and it was working fine. Then today when i woke up i wanted to use
>it and it doesn't work anymore. When i try to take a video or picture, the
>area where i am supposed to see myself is just black. The usb is plugged in
>and the light to indicate the webcam is on is on. I tried uninstalling and
>reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work. I do not understand why it worked
>fine yesterday and today it doesn't work. I did not change anything or do
>anything to my computer that might effect it. I have no clue what to do.

Try doing a system restore to when you installed the camera.

Kecia

      11th Sep 2008
jessy,
This is very strange. Can you try rebooting your PC? Also try plugging and
re-plugging the LifeCam (if that doesn't work, try a different USB port). Let
me know if any of this helps.

Kecia