Microsoft Imaging

species8350

      21st Nov 2011
I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.

Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
to install the software.
I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
icon.

Thanks

Gene E. Bloch

      22nd Nov 2011
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

> I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
> appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.
>
> Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
> to install the software.
> I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
> uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
> see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
> icon.
>
> Thanks

Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".

It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

species8350

      22nd Nov 2011
On Nov 21, 11:22*pm, "Gene E. Bloch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:
> > I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
> > appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.

> > Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
> > to install the software.
> > I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
> > uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
> > see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
> > icon.

> > Thanks

> Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
> Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".
>
> It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Hi,

I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
on or off'.

Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
multiple page tiffs?

Regards.

Gene E. Bloch

      22nd Nov 2011
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:47:20 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

> On Nov 21, 11:22*pm, "Gene E. Bloch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:
>>> I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
>>> appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.

>>> Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
>>> to install the software.
>>> I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
>>> uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
>>> see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
>>> icon.

>>> Thanks

>> Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
>> Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".
>>
>> It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

> Hi,
>
> I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
> on or off'.
>
> Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
> multiple page tiffs?
>
> Regards.

MODI (its name is Microsoft Office Document Imaging, not Microsoft
Imaging) is part of Microsoft Office, so to uninstall it you apparently
need to uninstall Microsoft Office.

You could have found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...cument_Imaging
and many other links if you had used Google.

Since I have no idea what version you are using, I don't intend to do an
experiment to answer the question you asked about TIFFs, but since you
already found out that it doesn't work, I'd say I don't need to repeat
your experiment.

--

On Nov 22, 4:54*am, "Gene E. Bloch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:47:20 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

> >> Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
> >> Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".

> >> It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)

> >> --
> >> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

> > Hi,

> > I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
> > on or off'.

> > Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
> > multiple page tiffs?

> > Regards.

> MODI (its name is Microsoft Office Document Imaging, not Microsoft
> Imaging) is part of Microsoft Office, so to uninstall it you apparently
> need to uninstall Microsoft Office.
>
> You could have found this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...cument_Imaging
> and many other links if you had used Google.
>
> Since I have no idea what version you are using, I don't intend to do an
> experiment to answer the question you asked about TIFFs, but since you
> already found out that it doesn't work, I'd say I don't need to repeat
> your experiment.
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for the information.

Best wishes.