Microsoft folder Reg. Error

Wes

      12th Sep 2004
I receive an error when attempting to open the Microsoft
Registry Folder. The error says Error opening
key....Cannot open Microsoft: error opening key. When I
try to open the windows media player the welcome to
windows media player screen comes up and I am unable to
use the windows media player. After I restart the
computer there are no problems for a day or so and then I
have the same problem. Any ideas on what is happening?

Dave Patrick

      12th Sep 2004
"Wes" wrote:
|I receive an error when attempting to open the Microsoft
| Registry Folder. The error says Error opening
| key....Cannot open Microsoft: error opening key.
* We've no idea what you mean by "Microsoft Registry Folder"

When I
| try to open the windows media player the welcome to
| windows media player screen comes up and I am unable to
| use the windows media player.
* Ask them this one in multimedia.windows.mediaplayer

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Wes

      13th Sep 2004
When I attempt to open the Microsoft folder as located
below.

Registry Editor-

HKEY_CURRENT-USER
Software
Microsoft

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>.

Dave Patrick

      13th Sep 2004
What happens if you logon as a new user? (create a new account in 'Users and
Passwords').