Microsoft error reporting

Raylen

      24th Jul 2006
When I have an error and it asks do I want to send a report and I click on
"Yes - send error report to Microsoft", where do I have to look to find any
answers that have been sent.

Member

      24th Jul 2006
The pop up windows states "do you want to send to micorosft now" the a window should open and an expalnation with a solution or a database file error code.
If you do not get this pop up window make sure you have pop up stopper disabled.

or click on the view details tab when the send error message appears and note the error code cut and paste this into your browser and it will return with similar fileds.

hope this helps, thats how i learned.

thecreator

      24th Jul 2006
Hi Raylen,

As long as a large Dump is created and sent from a reboot, a Browser
Window should open up, for you to track the submission to Microsoft. Follow
instructions in that Window.

--
thecreator

"Raylen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uIo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I have an error and it asks do I want to send a report and I click on
> "Yes - send error report to Microsoft", where do I have to look to find
> any answers that have been sent.

POP

      24th Jul 2006
In news:uIo$(E-Mail Removed),
Raylen <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> When I have an error and it asks do I want to send a report and
> click on "Yes - send error report to Microsoft", where do I
> have to
> look to find any answers that have been sent.

AFter you click Send, wait a few moments and see if any response
arrives. IF not, then close it.

Raylen

      24th Jul 2006
Thanks for the quick reply.
If I don't get any messages, what does that mean please?

"thecreator" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Raylen,
>
> As long as a large Dump is created and sent from a reboot, a Browser
> Window should open up, for you to track the submission to Microsoft.
> Follow instructions in that Window.
>

> --
> thecreator
>

> "Raylen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uIo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I have an error and it asks do I want to send a report and I click
>> on "Yes - send error report to Microsoft", where do I have to look to
>> find any answers that have been sent.

thecreator

      24th Jul 2006
Hi Raylen,

Microsoft doesn't send any E-mails back in return for you sending in the
Error reports. If you know what you were doing and that caused an error, you
can research at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto using
the Support Knowledge Base at Microsoft.

--
thecreator

news:(E-Mail Removed)...