Microsoft Access Can't Start the OLE Server

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0dHlfZA==?=

      7th Jan 2006
I'm trying to send data from an Access report to Excel and get the error
Error continues the OLE server may not be registered.
Reinstall the OLE server.
WHAT OLE server do I have to install?

John Nurick

      8th Jan 2006
Hi Patty,

One possibility is that something's gone wrong with the registry
settings for Microsoft Office: this should be fixable by going to
Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, selecting Microsoft Office, clicking
Change, and then repairing your installation.

But the message may not mean what it says. Another possible cause is an
overenthusiastic anti-virus program. If you search at
http://groups.google.com for

access "ole server may not be registered"

you'll be as well-informed as I am<g>.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.