Metallic Colors

WebWizard

      13th Feb 2004
I need some metallic colors, Gold, Silver, Bronze for a PPT presentaion.
Want to use them as font colors.

Where canI find these? Is ther a metallic palette for PPT?

Ron

Geetesh Bajaj

      13th Feb 2004
Most metallic shades onscreen are derived from gradients.

You can create WordArt and try to fill them with some metallic gradient
presets or create your own in PowerPoint (not presets, rather gradients).

You could also use an illustration package like CorelDRAW to create metallic
text, export the art to a vector format like EMF and import that into
PowerPoint.

--
Geetesh Bajaj, Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
http://www.indezine.com/

"WebWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZU4Xb.8053$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need some metallic colors, Gold, Silver, Bronze for a PPT presentaion.
> Want to use them as font colors.
>
> Where canI find these? Is ther a metallic palette for PPT?
>
> Ron

John Langhans [MSFT]

      18th Feb 2004
[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

PowerPoint does not have the specific capability that you are looking for.
However, there are workarounds such as using WordArt objects instead of
being able to apply the formatting you want directly to text.

If you (or anyone else reading this message) think that PowerPoint should
provide additional font formatting capabilities (strike-through, fills &
borders, double underline, etc.), don't forget to send your feedback (in
YOUR OWN WORDS, please) to Microsoft at:

As with all product suggestions, it's important that you not just state
your wish but also WHY it is important to you that your product suggestion
be implemented by Microsoft. Microsoft receives thousands of product
suggestions every day and we read each one but, in any given product
development cycle, there are only sufficient resources to address the ones
that are most important to our customers so take the extra time to state
your case as clearly and completely as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each submission should be a single suggestion (not a list of
suggestions)

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at