Messenger Icon still pointing to Windows Messenger NOT MSN Messenger

Peter

      9th Jan 2004
Hi,
I just downloaded and installed MSN Messenger v6.1.
However when I restart my PC it still comes up with the
old version of Windows Messenger that I had on which
wasn't removed with the MSN Messenger install. Also, the
toolbar icon for Messenger in Internet Explorer is still
pointing to the old Windows Messenger.

Any ideas/suggestion would be appreciated.

Peter.

Ramesh [MVP]

      9th Jan 2004
Peter,

Disable/Remove Windows Messenger:

For the Internet Explorer messenger toolbar icon, change the path here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}

Exec
MenuText
ToolTip
ButtonText

The path must point to MSN Messenger

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm