Messenger 14.0.8050.1202 Stopped Working

Jake

      30th Dec 2008
I tried to install the newest WLM. Everytime I login it says: "Windows Live
Communications Platform has stopped working."

I am not using a beta version. My computer is running Windows XP SP3.

Error signature:

AppName: wlcomm.exe
AppVer: 14.0.8050.1202
ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
Offset: 0001b1fa

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      30th Dec 2008
Greetings Jake,

Do you happen to be using Windowblinds or a custom Windows theme? If so, switch back to the
default Windows one and see if that helps..

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I tried to install the newest WLM. Everytime I login it says: "Windows Live
> Communications Platform has stopped working."
>
> I am not using a beta version. My computer is running Windows XP SP3.
>
> Error signature:
>
> AppName: wlcomm.exe
> AppVer: 14.0.8050.1202
> ModName: ntdll.dll
> ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
> Offset: 0001b1fa

HMB

      10th Jan 2009
Hi Jonathan,
After installing the new windows live messenger I am getting the following
error while trying to logon

Faulting application wlcomm.exe, version 14.0.8050.1202, time stamp
0x49361481, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0xbb8,
application start time 0x01c97363b5fcca1f.

The error is recorded in the event log and messenger does not display any
errors, it simply returns to the logon screen.

I already sent the problem report, the OS is Windows 2008/32

Regards,
HMB

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Jake,
>
> Do you happen to be using Windowblinds or a custom Windows theme? If so, switch back to the
> default Windows one and see if that helps..
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "Jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I tried to install the newest WLM. Everytime I login it says: "Windows Live
> > Communications Platform has stopped working."
> >
> > I am not using a beta version. My computer is running Windows XP SP3.
> >
> > Error signature:
> >
> > AppName: wlcomm.exe
> > AppVer: 14.0.8050.1202
> > ModName: ntdll.dll
> > ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
> > Offset: 0001b1fa

Ippokratis

      7th Mar 2009

Hi,

I am getting exactly the same problem with 14.0.8064.206

AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8064.206 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00032297

Exception Information:
Code: 0xc0000005

Aaron

      15th Mar 2009
Hi Jake,

I'm having the same problem on my PC. I switched the Windows theme back to
the default, but it made no difference. I am using the ZoneAlarm Security
Suite...

Aaron