The messaging interface has returned an unknown error

royamergit

      6th Mar 2004
I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
I get the following error when trying to print from
outlook 2002:
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
If the problem persists, restart outlook".

deskadmin

      19th Aug 2004

royamergit wrote:
> *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
> I get the following error when trying to print from
> outlook 2002:
> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
> If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

Roy,

Not sure if you resolved this but this noramlly only happens when yo
don't have enough privlages to print.

-DeskAdmi

-
deskadmi

SweeneyT

      30th Nov 2004

royamergit wrote:
> *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
> I get the following error when trying to print from
> outlook 2002:
> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
> If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

Here is what worked for me.
Printing Without TaskPad Information
Follow these steps to deselect the TaskPad option when printing th
Daily Style:
1. Open the shared calendar.
2. On the Outlook File menu, click Print.
3. Under Print Style, click to select Daily Style and click Page Setup

4. Click TaskPad to deselect it.
5. Click OK and OK to close and print

-
Sweeney

Dimarc67

      10th Dec 2004

Confirmed that this took care of it for me. Makes sense, too.

In my case, the calendar in question has its permissions set to allo
access by another user (who was getting the error). Since the 2nd use
doesn't have permissions to the primary user's Tasks folder, the erro
is generated. Unchecking TaskPad in Page Setup eliminates the issue.

Excellent work. Thanks.

David Marcus, MCSE, '0

-
Dimarc6

ssmsayed

      10th Oct 2005

I'm unable to delete any email from outbox.
I get the following error when trying to print from
outlook 2002:
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
If the problem persists, restart outlook".

Samir Sayed

--
ssmsayed

ssmsayed

      10th Oct 2005

ssmsayed wrote:
> *I'm unable to delete any email from outbox.
> I get the following error when trying to print from
> outlook 2002:
> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
> If the problem persists, restart outlook".
>

> Samir Sayed

-
ssmsaye

dirks

      17th Feb 2006

royamergit wrote:
> *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
> I get the following error when trying to print from
> outlook 2002:
> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
> If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

Related info at the following link - hope this helps:

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwb...orum/3716.html

--
dirks

New Member

      5th May 2006
Dear all

I have Win XP I have used Outlook XP Profetional software

there is no problems in sending mail and recieving.

But I try to made a Calendar entry in a time slot and when I moved the pointer to another time slot, the first entry disappeared and a window popped up with:

"Could not save item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

I've restarted OL. I've rebooted. I've tried re installing OL. Nothing has worked.

My email, contacts, notes, etc. all work ok. The problem is just in the calendar.

If anyone have any suggestions or solutions i will appreciate to him.

Regards
Elango K

New Member

      10th May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by royamergit
I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
I get the following error when trying to print from
outlook 2002:
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
If the problem persists, restart outlook".

"the messaging interface has returned an unknown error."

Here are the steps I used to fix my problem. (ended up being a problem with the Google Toolbar)

I also ran into this problem and while the steps provided above did not help me, I was able to resolve the problem:

It turned out to be the google toolbar. Removing this add-in and com add-in fixed the problem.

In Outlook 2003:

Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options.

Click Addin Manager button. Remove any reference to Google desktop. (or any other addin not native to Outlook) Click ok.

Do the same for the Com-Add-ins button.

I am now able to view my address book when clicking the To button in a new outlook message.

New Member

      27th Aug 2007
Close Outlook
Control Panel
Mail
Show Profiles
Add New Profile
Use the new profile
Open outlook
You will need to recreate your signatures but everything else should sync from the server