Merge button greyed out

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgSHVnaGVz?=

      15th May 2007
I want to merge two cells. I select them, but the merge button, and the merge
option in the format/cells/alignment dialog box are greyed out. Why?!!!

Dave Peterson

      15th May 2007
Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

      15th May 2007
That is a good problem.

Merged cells cause no end of problems with sorting, copying, pasting, filtering
and a host of other functions.

Maybe Center across selection would work for you if you are merging cells
horozontally?

See Dave's post for possible sources for the grayed-out merge.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP