PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Meeting request - ' no response needed'

 
 
BishopsGateHOA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Sep 2007
Is there anyway to send out an Outlook meeting request and choose 'no
response needed'? I send an appt to hundreds of people frequently and
do not care about seeing who accepted declined etc. I know I can setup
a rule to auto delete these but it would be nice if there was a way to
set this per meeting options or something.

TIA

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian Tillman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Sep 2007
BishopsGateHOA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there anyway to send out an Outlook meeting request and choose 'no
> response needed'? I send an appt to hundreds of people frequently and
> do not care about seeing who accepted declined etc. I know I can setup
> a rule to auto delete these but it would be nice if there was a way to
> set this per meeting options or something.


Sending a meeting as an attachment to a mail message will allow them to add
it to their calendars if they want without you being told whether or not
they have.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12th Sep 2007
When sending the meeting/appointment item, uncheck the option to "request responses."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, BishopsGateHOA asked:

| Is there anyway to send out an Outlook meeting request and choose 'no
| response needed'? I send an appt to hundreds of people frequently and
| do not care about seeing who accepted declined etc. I know I can setup
| a rule to auto delete these but it would be nice if there was a way to
| set this per meeting options or something.
|
| TIA
 
Reply With Quote
 
Glenn Power
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Feb 2011
Hi, I'm not sure how old your query is but I googled the same issue and found your question, I've subsequently discovered a tool bar command quite appropriately named "Request Responses" which can be ticked/unticked when you create a new or amend an old meeting invite.

I'm using Outlook 2007 and have discovered the "Quick Access Tool bar" at the top of the page to display this option (always).

> On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:04 AM BishopsGateHOA wrote:


> Is there anyway to send out an Outlook meeting request and choose 'no
> response needed'? I send an appt to hundreds of people frequently and
> do not care about seeing who accepted declined etc. I know I can setup
> a rule to auto delete these but it would be nice if there was a way to
> set this per meeting options or something.
>
> TIA



>> On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:40 PM Brian Tillman wrote:


>> Sending a meeting as an attachment to a mail message will allow them to add
>> it to their calendars if they want without you being told whether or not
>> they have.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



>>> On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:52 PM Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


>>> When sending the meeting/appointment item, uncheck the option to =
>>> "request responses."
>>>
>>> --=81
>>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>>
>>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
>>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>> reading. =20
>>>
>>> After furious head scratching, BishopsGateHOA asked:



>>>> On Friday, June 18, 2010 3:17 PM Jim Robertson wrote:


>>>> How do you do this in OL2010 as a default?



>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>>>> Serializing Excel data for input to any Google visualization
>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...alization.aspx

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you drag a meeting request or task request from your Inbox toCalendar or Tasks, the request is automatically accepted and an acceptancereply is sent to the senders. 34345445 Microsoft Access 0 3rd Mar 2006 02:09 AM
Meeting Request Response not recorded in original request. martin.dallura@team.telstra.com Microsoft Outlook Calendar 0 26th Aug 2005 03:54 AM
Set meeting response to Don't Send Response =?Utf-8?B?ZHNoYXBsaW4=?= Microsoft Outlook Calendar 0 20th Jun 2005 08:16 PM
Undeliverable response to meeting response Frank Microsoft Outlook Discussion 3 17th Jun 2005 09:26 PM
meeting request missing response buttons =?Utf-8?B?eWFucXVp?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 1 20th Apr 2004 08:50 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:48 AM.