PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Media Player error 'Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG' decompressor'

 
 
Confused
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Oct 2003
I have a .avi file which I would like to insert into my
powerpoint presentation. However, when I attempt to insert
by clicking on Insert>Movies and Sounds>Movies from files,
there was no response.

I tried to insert object>Media Clip/Video Clip. Error msg:
Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG' decompressor.

However, it is strange that I can view the .avi file with
Windows Media Player (Accessories>Entertainment)

Please help. Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
B
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Oct 2003
Everything you always wanted to know about multimedia and were sorry you
asked:
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00099.htm

B


--
Please spend a few minutes checking out www.pptfaq.com This link will
answer most of our questions, before you think to ask them.

Change org to com to defuse anti-spam, ant-virus, anti-nuisance
misdirection.



"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:048b01c39302$7e69b3a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a .avi file which I would like to insert into my
> powerpoint presentation. However, when I attempt to insert
> by clicking on Insert>Movies and Sounds>Movies from files,
> there was no response.
>
> I tried to insert object>Media Clip/Video Clip. Error msg:
> Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG' decompressor.
>
> However, it is strange that I can view the .avi file with
> Windows Media Player (Accessories>Entertainment)
>
> Please help. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
TAJ Simmons
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Oct 2003
Confused,

Have a look a the tip about vids:MJPG near the end of this page
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm

If it works for you please report back here

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free sample templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:048b01c39302$7e69b3a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a .avi file which I would like to insert into my
> powerpoint presentation. However, when I attempt to insert
> by clicking on Insert>Movies and Sounds>Movies from files,
> there was no response.
>
> I tried to insert object>Media Clip/Video Clip. Error msg:
> Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG' decompressor.
>
> However, it is strange that I can view the .avi file with
> Windows Media Player (Accessories>Entertainment)
>
> Please help. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Confused
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Oct 2003
Hi TAJ,

It works! Thanks a million..

Rgds.
>-----Original Message-----
>Confused,
>
>Have a look a the tip about vids:MJPG near the end of

this page
>http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm
>
>If it works for you please report back here
>
>Cheers
>TAJ Simmons
>microsoft powerpoint mvp
>
>awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
>free sample templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
>http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com
>
>"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:048b01c39302$7e69b3a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a .avi file which I would like to insert into my
>> powerpoint presentation. However, when I attempt to

insert
>> by clicking on Insert>Movies and Sounds>Movies from

files,
>> there was no response.
>>
>> I tried to insert object>Media Clip/Video Clip. Error

msg:
>> Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG'

decompressor.
>>
>> However, it is strange that I can view the .avi file

with
>> Windows Media Player (Accessories>Entertainment)
>>
>> Please help. Thanks.

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Confused
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Oct 2003
Hi B,

I've gone thru that tutorial before I came to seek help on
the community newsgroup. I've edited my system.ini file
and win.ini file but to no avail. My problem was still not
solved. I even attempted to download MJPG codec from
websites but problem still unsolved(Perhaps what I've
downloaded were not MJPG codecs?). Anyway, TAJ's solution
proved to be very helpful. Maybe u would like to take a
look at it?
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm

Thanks for trying.

Rdgs.

>-----Original Message-----
>Everything you always wanted to know about multimedia and

were sorry you
>asked:
>http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00099.htm
>
>B
>
>
>--
>Please spend a few minutes checking out www.pptfaq.com

This link will
>answer most of our questions, before you think to ask

them.
>
>Change org to com to defuse anti-spam, ant-virus, anti-

nuisance
>misdirection.
>
>
>
>"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:048b01c39302$7e69b3a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a .avi file which I would like to insert into my
>> powerpoint presentation. However, when I attempt to

insert
>> by clicking on Insert>Movies and Sounds>Movies from

files,
>> there was no response.
>>
>> I tried to insert object>Media Clip/Video Clip. Error

msg:
>> Video not available. Cannot find 'vids:MJPG'

decompressor.
>>
>> However, it is strange that I can view the .avi file

with
>> Windows Media Player (Accessories>Entertainment)
>>
>> Please help. Thanks.

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
B
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Oct 2003
Glad the problem is resolved and your presentation is working.

I also have that page on speed dial, but alas, the other came to mind first.

B

--
Please spend a few minutes checking out www.pptfaq.com This link will
answer most of our questions, before you think to ask them.

Change org to com to defuse anti-spam, ant-virus, anti-nuisance
misdirection.



"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:099e01c393a7$fe905840$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi B,
>
> I've gone thru that tutorial before I came to seek help on
> the community newsgroup. I've edited my system.ini file
> and win.ini file but to no avail. My problem was still not
> solved. I even attempted to download MJPG codec from
> websites but problem still unsolved(Perhaps what I've
> downloaded were not MJPG codecs?). Anyway, TAJ's solution
> proved to be very helpful. Maybe u would like to take a
> look at it?
> http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm
>
> Thanks for trying.
>
> Rdgs.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
TAJ Simmons
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Oct 2003
That's another one for the Yes vote then.

TAJ


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIndows Media Player 9 Wont upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 =?Utf-8?B?S2lh?= Windows XP Help 3 21st May 2006 10:51 PM
Media Player will not Load / Media Player and SP2 Issues Stephen Windows XP Basics 3 22nd Sep 2004 02:49 PM
Windows Explorer cannot find all media files but Media Player 9 can! Jules Windows XP Music 0 21st Jul 2004 01:15 PM
Media Player not Windows Media Player CapnRon Windows XP General 2 1st Jun 2004 04:51 PM
Media Player in Windows (Not Windows Media Player) & MPEG playback CaptnRon Windows XP General 2 31st May 2004 10:18 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:15 AM.