Meaning of slow red pulse in W/less Laser Mouse 8000??

Peter

      2nd Dec 2007
As with most of Microsoft's hardware, there never is any literature that
fully explains everything. I just bought this as part of Entertainment
Desktop 8000 bundle.
The mouse uses one rechargeable Energizer battery. If I put the mouse on
the recharger it slowly flashes green - charging, which is OK. Then it will
start rapidly flashing red, which I believe means fully charged.
Within minutes of removing it from the charger it starts slow red flashing,
which I take as "battery needs charging" - what gives with this stupid
thing? It's actually fully charged because I've taken it out and charged on
my own battery charger.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Rick Rogers

      2nd Dec 2007
Hi,

I believe that periodic flashing indicates that it is communicating or
maintaining contact with the wireless reciever.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> As with most of Microsoft's hardware, there never is any literature that
> fully explains everything. I just bought this as part of Entertainment
> Desktop 8000 bundle.
> The mouse uses one rechargeable Energizer battery. If I put the mouse on
> the recharger it slowly flashes green - charging, which is OK. Then it
> will start rapidly flashing red, which I believe means fully charged.
> Within minutes of removing it from the charger it starts slow red
> flashing, which I take as "battery needs charging" - what gives with this
> stupid thing? It's actually fully charged because I've taken it out and
> charged on my own battery charger.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada

Peter

      2nd Dec 2007
Ah, I see, thanks.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Rick Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I believe that periodic flashing indicates that it is communicating or
> maintaining contact with the wireless reciever.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> As with most of Microsoft's hardware, there never is any literature that
>> fully explains everything. I just bought this as part of Entertainment
>> Desktop 8000 bundle.
>> The mouse uses one rechargeable Energizer battery. If I put the mouse
>> on the recharger it slowly flashes green - charging, which is OK. Then
>> it will start rapidly flashing red, which I believe means fully charged.
>> Within minutes of removing it from the charger it starts slow red
>> flashing, which I take as "battery needs charging" - what gives with this
>> stupid thing? It's actually fully charged because I've taken it out and
>> charged on my own battery charger.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada

Phaedron Ennius

      2nd Apr 2011
Somehow I doubt that this is the full explanation of what the Microsoft Mobile Memory Mouse 8000 is doing.
The one here now regularly works with Windows 7 but it flashes red constantly. Only occasionally does it behave, going green, charges and making a connection, then light fading out - as it should. When wired.
The battery's fine, because it can work for some days with a wireless connection. It just doesn't want to work going green then quiescent.
What's the driver doing?