mapping 2 or more table /merging tables

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFc=?=

      31st Jul 2005
I have multiple databases that I would like to merge in to one.

In some cases the field names are different such as fname versus firstname,
other fields have common names brtween the tables/databases.

What is the best way to map fields and import the data?

Thanks

Rob

John Nurick

      1st Aug 2005
Hi Rob,

In the "one" database, use File|Get External Data|Link to create a
linked table connected to a table in one of the other databases.

Then create an append query to move the data from the linked table into
the table where you need it, mapping the fields as needed. If necessary
you can use calculated fields in the append queries to reformat or
otherwise modify the data.

Repeat as necessary for other tables/databases.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.