MAPI Property 0x10960003

Omegachimp

      29th May 2008
Posted this a while ago... assuming it didn't take (ie sorry if this is a dupe)

I'm looking for info on how to calculate the value of Message property
0x10960003 to get outlook to display the contained graphics.

I am assuming that this is a calculated value after having ruled out bit
flags by wading through several messages.

Any and all info appreciated..
-mvc

Dmitry Streblechenko

      31st May 2008
The property is called PR_BLOCK_STATUS (or PidTagBlockStatus )
From the recently documented Exchange Protocols docs (see [MS-OXOMSG].pdf)

2.2.1.1 PidTagBlockStatus

Type: PtypInteger32 8

Indicates the user's preference for viewing external content (such as links
to images on an HTTP server) in the message body. A client MAY ignore this
value and always allow or block external content based on other factors
(such as whether the sender is on a safe list). If this property is used,
then the default action is to block the external content. However, if the
value of this property falls within a certain range, then viewing external
content is allowed. The allowed value is computed from
PidTagMessageDeliveryTime: since the sender of a message does not have
knowledge of this value, the sender cannot reliably set PidTagBlockStatus to
the allowed values.

To compute the allowed values, convert the value of
PidTagMessageDeliveryTime to a PtypDouble, floatdate, where the date is
represented as the number of days from midnight, December 30, 1899. Apply
the following formula: result = ((floatdate - floor(floatdate)) * 100000000)
+ 3; where floor(x) returns the largest integer ? x. Convert the PtypDouble
value result to a 32-bit integer computedvalue. Clients SHOULD set
PidTagBlockStatus to computedvalue to allow external content. However, when
determining whether to accept external content, clients SHOULD allow
external content if the absolute value of the difference between
computedvalue and the value of PidTagBlockStatus is 1 or less.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
"Omegachimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Posted this a while ago... assuming it didn't take (ie sorry if this is a
> dupe)
>
> I'm looking for info on how to calculate the value of Message property
> 0x10960003 to get outlook to display the contained graphics.
>
> I am assuming that this is a calculated value after having ruled out bit
> flags by wading through several messages.
>
> Any and all info appreciated..
> -mvc

Omegachimp

      31st May 2008
Wow. Impressive. I thought that I was out in the weeds for sure on this
one. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, Dmitry... you rock! ;-)
Thanks
-mvc

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

> The property is called PR_BLOCK_STATUS (or PidTagBlockStatus )
> From the recently documented Exchange Protocols docs (see [MS-OXOMSG].pdf)
>
> 2.2.1.1 PidTagBlockStatus
>
> Type: PtypInteger32 8
>
> Indicates the user's preference for viewing external content (such as links
> to images on an HTTP server) in the message body. A client MAY ignore this
> value and always allow or block external content based on other factors
> (such as whether the sender is on a safe list). If this property is used,
> then the default action is to block the external content. However, if the
> value of this property falls within a certain range, then viewing external
> content is allowed. The allowed value is computed from
> PidTagMessageDeliveryTime: since the sender of a message does not have
> knowledge of this value, the sender cannot reliably set PidTagBlockStatus to
> the allowed values.
>
> To compute the allowed values, convert the value of
> PidTagMessageDeliveryTime to a PtypDouble, floatdate, where the date is
> represented as the number of days from midnight, December 30, 1899. Apply
> the following formula: result = ((floatdate - floor(floatdate)) * 100000000)
> + 3; where floor(x) returns the largest integer ? x. Convert the PtypDouble
> value result to a 32-bit integer computedvalue. Clients SHOULD set
> PidTagBlockStatus to computedvalue to allow external content. However, when
> determining whether to accept external content, clients SHOULD allow
> external content if the absolute value of the difference between
> computedvalue and the value of PidTagBlockStatus is 1 or less.
>

> --
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
> -
> "Omegachimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Posted this a while ago... assuming it didn't take (ie sorry if this is a
> > dupe)
> >
> > I'm looking for info on how to calculate the value of Message property
> > 0x10960003 to get outlook to display the contained graphics.
> >
> > I am assuming that this is a calculated value after having ruled out bit
> > flags by wading through several messages.
> >
> > Any and all info appreciated..
> > -mvc

Dmitry Streblechenko

      2nd Jun 2008
Not me, this time the credit goes to MS for a change.
The docs from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc307725(EXCHG.80).aspx really rock
:-)
--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
"Omegachimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow. Impressive. I thought that I was out in the weeds for sure on this
> one. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, Dmitry... you rock! ;-)
> Thanks
> -mvc
>
> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
>> The property is called PR_BLOCK_STATUS (or PidTagBlockStatus )
>> From the recently documented Exchange Protocols docs (see
>> [MS-OXOMSG].pdf)
>>
>> 2.2.1.1 PidTagBlockStatus
>>
>> Type: PtypInteger32 8
>>
>> Indicates the user's preference for viewing external content (such as
>> links
>> to images on an HTTP server) in the message body. A client MAY ignore
>> this
>> value and always allow or block external content based on other factors
>> (such as whether the sender is on a safe list). If this property is used,
>> then the default action is to block the external content. However, if the
>> value of this property falls within a certain range, then viewing
>> external
>> content is allowed. The allowed value is computed from
>> PidTagMessageDeliveryTime: since the sender of a message does not have
>> knowledge of this value, the sender cannot reliably set PidTagBlockStatus
>> the allowed values.
>>
>> To compute the allowed values, convert the value of
>> PidTagMessageDeliveryTime to a PtypDouble, floatdate, where the date is
>> represented as the number of days from midnight, December 30, 1899. Apply
>> the following formula: result = ((floatdate - floor(floatdate)) *
>> 100000000)
>> + 3; where floor(x) returns the largest integer ? x. Convert the
>> PtypDouble
>> value result to a 32-bit integer computedvalue. Clients SHOULD set
>> PidTagBlockStatus to computedvalue to allow external content. However,
>> when
>> determining whether to accept external content, clients SHOULD allow
>> external content if the absolute value of the difference between
>> computedvalue and the value of PidTagBlockStatus is 1 or less.
>>

>> --
>> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>> http://www.dimastr.com/
>> OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
>> and MAPI Developer Tool
>> -
>> "Omegachimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Posted this a while ago... assuming it didn't take (ie sorry if this is
>> > dupe)
>> >
>> > I'm looking for info on how to calculate the value of Message property
>> > 0x10960003 to get outlook to display the contained graphics.
>> >
>> > I am assuming that this is a calculated value after having ruled out
>> > bit
>> > flags by wading through several messages.
>> >
>> > Any and all info appreciated..
>> > -mvc

New Member

      10th May 2012
After adding PR_BLOCK_STATUS property, is it possible to refresh the message, without leaving it?