how to manually uninstall a soft ware that windows cant open the uninstall logl

      23rd Nov 2003

Ray at

      23rd Nov 2003
Ray at home

Ozgirl

      23rd Nov 2003
Lol

Rick

      23rd Nov 2003
If you still have access to the software, simply reinstall it, and then
uninstall it using the program's uninstall routine or via Add/Remove
Programs.

If you don't have access to the software, there's not much you can
do other than manually editing the registry, searching for the name
of the program (or company who made it) and trying to figure out
which entries to remove and which to keep. This can often be
tricky so make sure you have a full system backup before
proceeding.

It would also help if you told us which software you're talking
about. Some programs when they're installed make far more
registry changes than others.

Rick

Evi

      23rd Nov 2003
I used a freeware program called Registry cleaner (not MS's RegClean!) for
this with my Win98 PC and I see that the latest version works with Win2000.
I suspect it could be very useful for those many programs which I've
installed and, in spite of warnings about not having installed, are actually
working fine. But I bet the uninstaller won't work when I want to get rid of
them.

http://www.pcmedixwebs.com/regclean.htm

With some programs, my only choice was to delete the program's files from my
hard drive and then use reg cleaner to get rid of the registry entries and
orphaned dlls.

As it says on the page above though, always back up your registry first.

BTW there are some programs which get so wound into the PC's system that a
simple solution like the above would not work so as Rick says, tell us what
it is.
Evi