Manual Setup Website - http://192.168.2.1/

Ben Ramsay

      21st Nov 2007
I cant seem to access the belkin manual setup website, I have tried and
tried to get it and i am about to thow my router on the road and go back to
a Lan network, at least I could get that to work. Anyway my system specs are
as follows :

Windows Vista Home Basic OEM (NEC)
CURRENT NETWORK - LAN
WIRELESS DEVICE TYPE - Belkin Wirless Router 802.11g
SYSTEM TYPE - NEC L1040 Desktop

Any help would be great.

Malke

      21st Nov 2007
Ben Ramsay wrote:
> I cant seem to access the belkin manual setup website, I have tried and
> tried to get it and i am about to thow my router on the road and go back
> to a Lan network, at least I could get that to work. Anyway my system
> specs are as follows :
>
> Windows Vista Home Basic OEM (NEC)
> CURRENT NETWORK - LAN
> WIRELESS DEVICE TYPE - Belkin Wirless Router 802.11g
> SYSTEM TYPE - NEC L1040 Desktop
>
> Any help would be great.

You haven't told us what you tried and what happens when you do. Error
messages (exact text)?

Generally, have the computer attached to the Belkin with an ethernet
cable. Open a browser. If you have difficulties with IE, install Firefox
and use it instead. In the browser's addressbar, type:

http://192.168.2.1 [enter]

If the above doesn't work, try only typing the IP address without the
http://.

This should bring you to the router's login screen. Enter the default
user/password (refer to the manual) and go into the configuration utility.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ben Ramsay

      22nd Nov 2007
I can't seem to access this page, I have tried it wi and without the router
with no luck. It keeps showing a 'this page can not be displayed. I have
even tried to access it via my laptop with the same result.

Malke

      22nd Nov 2007
Ben Ramsay wrote:
> I can't seem to access this page, I have tried it wi and without the
> router with no luck. It keeps showing a 'this page can not be displayed.
> I have even tried to access it via my laptop with the same result.

I don't know what "tried it with and without the router" means. How can
you configure a router without the router? Possibly the best solution is
for you to call Belkin tech support or have a knowledgeable friend
(someone who is really knowledgeable and not just saying s/he is) come
over to help you. Or have a local computer professional come over - not
someone from BigComputerStore/GeekSquad. I just can't make out what you
are or aren't doing from what you're writing.

Sorry that I was unable to help you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers