management of a school library

kakopodos

      6th Apr 2005
I'm searching for a software to help children (about 9 years old) to
manage their (small) school library, possibly in Italian

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Flavio

aafuss

      6th Apr 2005
Babya BookSmart (in English)
http://geocities.com/babyap2002/downloads.htm

John Corliss

      6th Apr 2005
aafuss wrote:

> Babya BookSmart (in English)
> http://geocities.com/babyap2002/downloads.htm

*PLONK* (again)

--
John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls.

aafuss

      6th Apr 2005
It's a free and now the only current freeware to manage a library.
(A third-party product, Library Manager is not free anymore).

Susan Bugher

      6th Apr 2005
kakopodos wrote:

> I'm searching for a software to help children (about 9 years old) to
> manage their (small) school library, possibly in Italian

Hi Flavio,

There are some book/library programs listed here but I think they are
mostly too complicated.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf...rganizer:Books
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf...:Books;Library

About how many books are there? Does management mean keeping track of
who has borrowed the books? A reminder program might work well for that
(something that is normally used for appointments, birthdays etc.).

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_sear....comp.freeware

Mel

      6th Apr 2005
>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:56:23 +0200, kakopodos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>I'm searching for a software to help children (about 9 years old) to
>manage their (small) school library, possibly in Italian
>
>Any suggestion?

OXD Software Book Organizer v2.0.0
(c) 1998-2001 - Mikael Sj÷berg, OXD Software

http://www.oxdsoftware.com
http://www.bookorganizer.com
http://www.movieorganizer.com

OXD Software Book Organizer v2.0.0 is FREEWARE.

OXD Software Book Organizer may not be distributed in any way
without first asking the author.
OXD Software Book Organizer may not be profited by anyone in
any way, and may not be used by companies.

Visit http://www.oxdsoftware.com for more information about
this program and other free software.

Also visit http://www.movieorganizer.com
for a free movie organizer.

Above links for information, download from following link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312231...rg200wMDAC.exe

Susan Bugher

      6th Apr 2005
Mel wrote:

> http://www.bookorganizer.com

> OXD Software Book Organizer v2.0.0 is FREEWARE.

Book Organizer is now $ware.

Program: Book Organizer
Author: OXD Software
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 2.0.0
http://web.archive.org/web/200312311...rg200wMDAC.exe

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_sear....comp.freeware

wald

      6th Apr 2005
kakopodos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm searching for a software to help children (about 9 years
> old) to manage their (small) school library, possibly in Italian
>
> Any suggestion?

Search Freshmeat for alternatives... a search for "library" turned
up these:

* OpenBiblio: http://obiblio.sourceforge.net/
Looks pretty good at first sight, there's a demo site available so
you can check out how it works.

* Library Manager: http://libman.sourceforge.net/ent_popup.html
Seems to be in a very early stage (version 0.1), so I wouldn't
rely on this one yet.

Search for "library + books":

* Nalanda: http://nalanda.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
Seems quite functional, should fit your needs.

* GroupPHPLibrary:
http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/projects/groupphplibrary/
Looks a bit more primitive, but useful nonetheless. Seems like you
might want to know some PHP to tweak it a little bit more to your
liking.

I'm sure you'll find a bunch more by searching further on
FreshMeat (http://freshmeat.net)...

Regards,
Wald

kakopodos

      7th Apr 2005
Susan Bugher ha scritto:
> kakopodos wrote:

Thanks to all people of the group: I'll check all the programs you suggest

> About how many books are there?

about 100 (I think)

Does management mean keeping track of
> who has borrowed the books?

Yes

A reminder program might work well for that
> (something that is normally used for appointments, birthdays etc.).
>
> Susan

Susan Bugher

      7th Apr 2005
kakopodos wrote:
> Susan Bugher ha scritto:
>
>> kakopodos wrote:

>> About how many books are there?

> about 100 (I think)
>
>> Does management mean keeping track of
>> who has borrowed the books?

> Yes

I just tried RealDreams birthday reminder. It could be used as a library
program. It is simple enough for 9 year olds to use (probably they would
need a bit of training to get started).

Program:
Author: (Christian Weiske)
Install: (n.i.) (n.r.)
Ware: (Requestware)
http://www.cweiske.de/

http://www.cweiske.de/birthday.htm

It has columns for event, name and date. Available languages are
English, German, and Slovak. No Italian.

I would set it up using name for the name of the book, event for the
name of the borrower and the "due date" or the "date borrowed" in the
date column. It can be set to show how many days in the past or future
an event is - so it could be used to show just overdue books if there is
a set length of time for borrowing.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_sear....comp.freeware

School 1970 and School 2010 nivrip General Discussion 4 21st Jul 2012 01:52 AM
Old school person using new school XP SV Windows XP General 5 16th Aug 2006 07:04 PM
Media Library 0.7.9 - Management software for a CD catalog and media library. Gordon Darling Freeware 0 22nd Dec 2004 11:18 AM
Templates for home school high school diploma =?Utf-8?B?UHdFbmdpbmVlcg==?= Microsoft Word Document Management 1 17th Dec 2004 06:17 PM